Lexmoto RSS 125 street won't start

creon

Hi people 

I've recently bought a used 23 plate RSS 125 1k on the clock, I've now added a further 600 miles in a month.

So this morning whilst getting it ready for work it would not start, the temperature gauge was flashing on a cold engine. No fuel priming or attempting to turn over. 

Any clues people?

Some background 

Other day on the carriageway it cut out but came back on then yesterday did the same, found battery terminal had become loose. Nipped up and it was fine. Rode home and it was fine until this morning.

No fault codes stored on the on board diagnostics.

Has it got a sidestand or clutch cut out switch. Did you have side stand down and clutch not pulled in??? Or it could be fulty switches. Check basic things first is battery charged and all connections good, check fuses, check wiring to starter relay and to starter. Have you got enough petrol in the bike.

• Thanks 1

a loose battery terminal doesn't have error codes, goes to show poor quality and service from the dealer....

its a lexmoto so the list of possibility is almost endless just to say on a forum, get the dealer you bought it from to collect and fix as its their sale and their problem- thats the rant over with....

not very familiar with that bike but most likely its more electrical based, a sensor fail or error, which one exactly without interrogating the ecu is trial and error.

one thing to see is if you pull the clutch in and move the bike forward or backwards 6-12inchs and try starting again with the clutch pulled in, if not move the bike with the clutch out and try with clutch in to see if you get any joy.

after that it is literally checking every fuse block, connector block and wiring, undo, inspect the pins and reconnect). it might just narrow things down.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I encountered the exact same problem when I took my rss in for repairs. Fortunately, it was a simple fix that only took about five minutes. The technician explained that the issue was caused by a few connectors behind the left side panel. These connectors had accumulated some water, possibly from jet washing, which ultimately affected the bike's functionality. However, the technician resolved the problem by cleaning the water out of the connectors, and the bike started up normally again. Therefore, I recommend checking these connectors if you haven't already fixed the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Matthew webb said:

Hello, 

I encountered the exact same problem when I took my rss in for repairs. Fortunately, it was a simple fix that only took about five minutes. The technician explained that the issue was caused by a few connectors behind the left side panel. These connectors had accumulated some water, possibly from jet washing, which ultimately affected the bike's functionality. However, the technician resolved the problem by cleaning the water out of the connectors, and the bike started up normally again. Therefore, I recommend checking these connectors if you haven't already fixed the issue.

And there you go.  You simply cannot get better advice than this.  Its the equivalent of winning the advice jackpot.

Posted (edited)

And he never even bothered to come back for the advice...

Far too much of that happening, which is why I do not get too involved with single post newbies.

Edited by Tinkicker
  • Like 1