Shoei NXR2 - TC2 Sheen (Blue)

I recently had to replace my daily helmet (Scorpion EXO 1400 Carbon) after owning for close to 4 years. After trying on a few different helmets I decided on the Shoei NXR2 (TC2 Sheen Blue) image.jpeg.d6bd21092f91f29443a77c3316473a21.jpeg.

Like you'd expect with a new helmet, it's tight in all the right places, yet no pressure points. The lid itself comes in 4 shell sizes, XXS and XS, M, L, XL and XXL, with picking an L that suited my head.

Having now spent a few hours in it, mixing city, country roads and motorway, the weight of it is only marginly lighter than Scorpion. On the road noise side of things, this helmet is just so quiet. :o  The Shoei quality is second to none IMHO.

The only thing I'm really missing is the dropdown visor, but the dark smoke lens suits the look of the helmet and even when riding in the dark vision is still very clear. 

At time of purchase it cost £499.99, I also purchased a Cardo Pactalk Edge as when buying accessories with the helmet comes as tax free, but most dealers will only discount to 16.6% for some reason. But hey any discount is welcome. :)

• Like 2

Have the same helmet, love it with the Photochromatic visor. 

Do wish I bought the neotec for the flip up sometimes.

• Like 1

Shoei helmets fit the shape of my head perfectly.  I find them to be well made and very comfortable.  I currently have the Neotec and will probably get the same again when it comes to replacement, I quite like the flip front aspect.  Your new helmet looks pretty good. 

ive got the nxr which is a great helmet overall, just wished they had a better/tighter mechanism on the visor rachet, slightly more rigid visors and the pu coating on the lower sections of the cheek pads were thicker/stronger. visor options are really restricted and over priced.

would buy again over an Arai defo.

I got a great Chinese visor for my GT Air from aliexpress. A bit tinted, and fits better than the original.

• Like 1