Hartside cafe

Steve_M

Planning permission has been approved to build a replacement. Hopefully this one will progress. 

I haven’t seen the proposal - their last effort was a somewhat Grand Designs style steel and glass edifice.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Be glad to see it happen. Use the pass from time to time and the empty bomb site isn't conducive to stopping. 

It’s on one of my “I’m just popping out for a quick ride” loops from home. It’s about an hour in to the ride so somewhere for a quick break would be welcome. 

• Like 2

I use the pass if I'm not in a rush to get to either Morpeth or Barnard Castle or going the other way. The road from Alston to Hexham isn't bad either.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bender said:

Lots of nice roads out that way but it's bad with power rangers when it's busy.

One of the joys of being retired, I can choose my times to ride “off peak” as it were. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I use the pass if I'm not in a rush to get to either Morpeth or Barnard Castle or going the other way. The road from Alston to Hexham isn't bad either.

Another of my “out for a ride” loops uses that to avoid the military road between Greenhead and Chollerford on route to Kielder before heading back via Newcastleton. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Another of my “out for a ride” loops uses that to avoid the military road between Greenhead and Chollerford on route to Kielder before heading back via Newcastleton. 

The road from Bellingham up past Kielder and then over to Newcastleton and down Liddlesdale is quite good as I remember.

50 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

The road from Bellingham up past Kielder and then over to Newcastleton and down Liddlesdale is quite good as I remember.

Watchout for the drainage ditches 😂 

• Haha 1