next meet

Stu

<t>what to do for the next meet?</t>  

23 members have voted

1. 1. what to do for the next meet?

• pub meet
    • meet then rideout
    • other please state below

after a disccussion with victoriarse yesterday what would you rather do for the next meet

pic a pub in a little village and all ride to it and stay there for the day

or meet up somewhere then go for a ride

Rideout, there will always be peeps to ride with you Angel, I like riding slow. (and for once you dont have to read anything into that :wink: )

Cause I can't go to pub for very long without having to drink beer :?

Why not just sort out a pub.....then if people wanna go off for a ride..no bother.

Be good to actually sit down and talk to people.

I wont be able to go for a ride anyway, cos will have kids....but will make the meet.

Also summat to think about......sit in pub meets could be kept for the winter......I know if its nice people are gonna want to be out on their bikes riding.

Why not just sort out a pub.....then if people wanna go off for a ride..no bother.

yeah was thinking the same after i put the post on that we could do a meet at a pub and do a ride out from the pub round and back those who want to stay at the pub can those who want to go on ride can go etc

its just ideas at the mo

would rather see what everyone else wants to do then just decide something :?

me and fella picked 'other'

how about meet, ride then pub. that way nice to wind down a little. and then for hard asses like my fella - ride again :?

Angel - don't worry about how slow you are (also see my post on Matlock) - i WILL have bike by end of August and trying to get Snoopy's missus out on her 125 so you can hang back with any of us "go slows".

(fella says as he departs for night shift - meet and ride to pub in Scotland - he got slap for that one!)

Guest scol1

Be good to actually sit down and talk to people.

I wont be able to go for a ride anyway, cos will have kids....but will make the meet.

Also summat to think about......sit in pub meets could be kept for the winter......I know if its nice people are gonna want to be out on their bikes riding.

Well said that woman !!

Could meet up at Squires then ride out to a nice country pub in the York area for some 'snap',then have a 'bez' after lunch has settled :?:

Or we could meet at Squires,pick up at Seaways en-route and have a blast through to Whitby for some 'fish an' nerks'. :?:

and peeps will need to learn the route there and back :roll: Pubs do have a closing time :D

thought that was aimed at me.

Not just you hun, Stu and Jim aswell....

(PS I didn't have a scooby as to where we were going either :D )

Could meet up at Squires then ride out to a nice country pub in the York area for some 'snap',then have a 'bez' after lunch has settled :?:

Or we could meet at Squires,pick up at Seaways en-route and have a blast through to Whitby for some 'fish an' nerks'. :?:

vicki prob wont be able to go on a ride out as she will prob have the kids

so will be going further then squires to get as many peeps as poss then there will be some sort of route sorted for those who want to go for a ride or something :?

Thing is Stu...you can ask everybody, but you aint gonna end up pleasing everyone.

From experience, its better to just arrange the day...people that can and want to go will, those that cant will be able to attend the next one.

Set a date.....set a place......and away you go.

Thing is Stu...you can ask everybody, but you aint gonna end up pleasing everyone.

yeah i know thats why i was going to go with the majority

yeah i know thats why i was going to go with the majority

Good luck.

i personally think that meeting at a pub, and allowing people to go for rides when they feel like it, would be better for all.

Then those of us who actually like our licenses can go out as a group, give those on 125's, or who dont want to go at break neck speeds, can all go out, ive got no problems going out with the others like me who go slow :D

Guest scol1

Just mentioned Squires as it is right at the side of the A1,and easy to find for those coming from afar.

I thought that should perhaps be a major factor,can always ride from there to a pub somewhere,once those coming from Sarf of Yarkshire,get to Squires

Sun Inn at Fewston does a nice carvery,it's a biker pub,he does barbies in good weather,plenty of grassed areas to doss,and bikes coming and going all day giving us sommat to look at.

Plus it's a nice 45 minute ride from Squires.

.......................just an idea :idea: :idea:

J.

Squires is good, but not the best meeting place if its packed out. Some people who aint been would prob like a ride there though.

Sun Inn sounds good meeting point....or is that hectic too?