So, I've bought my helmet

Wanted a cheaper one, tried on several makes/models, but they all felt wrong in that my head was loose in one part and tight in another, or my nose it the visor, just couldn't get one.

Then tried on a HJC CS-R1 - fitted perfect

My review sheet had this model "coming soon", but I figured that it fitted well, so that was main thing. Looked nice too

So parted with £100 and got it home.

Looking online people say that visor flimsy, it fogs sometimes, and air venting not great

Too late now of course, but was wondering how comparable it is to other helmets in that price range?

Bear in mind it was only one that felt comfortable and tight all round

If you worried about the fogging, see if you can get a Pinlock visor for it, I swear by mine on my Arai, have never had any fogging even when stationary at lights on cold mornings when I can still see my breath coming out my mouth!

The fit is one of the most important things when getting a helmet.

its no good having a top of the range helmet that is uncomfortable or to loose.

There are various things on the market to try and stop misting but like has been said they all mist to a certian degree.

As long as your happy, confident and comfy with your helmet and it complies with the safty standards you should have no problems.

Oh and it looks good :D

If you worried about the fogging, see if you can get a Pinlock visor for it, I swear by mine on my Arai, have never had any fogging even when stationary at lights on cold mornings when I can still see my breath coming out my mouth!

I`m with pete.

I'll have to see how it goes

After my Direct Access (where I want a good fitting helmet as one they supplied during CBT was s**t, misted easily, didn't fit) and test, I'll be a 99% summer/day rider. So shouldn't have too many issues.

The other night it was wet and cold, I put helmet on and stood outside, no problems.

We'll have to see

Thx guys

You must get a pinlock system for it, I swear by mine completely.

I have two visors and am often changing them over and that means, (obviously) I sometimes forget to change the pinlock insert over too so off I go and find the visor misting up. Can't believe people can ride around without one! especially with the winter coming up!

I will buy a new insert from the bike show at the end of the month when I am there, I suggest you have a look around yourself for somehting like that. :)