tomtom rider

thats me i just buy the best cheapest one i can find ~(halfords clearance) route 66 mini/maxi never paid more than 60 for one ok so i killed 2 so far

so you have had to buy 3 ? at say £60 each so thats £180 at this rate you may aswell have bought a tomtom rider at £250 :?

nah first one was £60 next was £48 and i think last was £32 ...

plus they are fully loaded from moment of purchase no purchase required for speed camera data base you get free updates of uk & ire and the other free guides you get are also handy ....

only killed them through my own fault by not bothering to stop and covering them so noii have it covered at all times ....

Do you just run it off the battery or have you rigged it up somehow?

have a cigarette charger socket wired up on bike so it gets a charge and also a 12v usb charger adapter for charging phone/mp3 player

Did you see the Gadget Show this week?

They had a system for waterproofing anything, including mobile phones which even worked under water. Something like that would make all SatNags suitable for bike use.

I hope they roll it out soon as it would revolutionise outdoor gear and electronics.

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly bought one yesterday. Was trying it in the shop though and it couldn't find where i live. The mapping didn't have any of the odd numbers in my street. And my house is over a 100 years old, not a new development. Might be getting the Garmin Zumo instead as they're maps could find it.

None of the other Tom Tom's could find my house either