Speed cameras - reflective number plate film

If it is detectable on examination YOU WILL be prosecuted whether you were speeding or not.

You will only find out if it doesn't work when you get a ticket.

The anti-flash will not work on a video camera system.

Have a mate who says he uses this and it works, but I'm not so sure if

a) it works

b) it's not gonna blank my plate if a police car has lights on behind me

Comments?

Thx

How does he know it works :? , perhaps he's just been lucky......up to now :roll: Police can enhance the photos and they can reveal your reg plate. Is it really worth the risk :? If you do get caught obscuring your plate in this way, the fine will be many times greater than the possible 3 - 6 points on your licence if do happen to get snapped by a camera.

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp260/timr_75/100_3470.jpg

is a photo i took of a number plate on a stand selling the anti flash stuff for plates at the nec ....

and when questioned the vendor went on to say oh but thats a new camera and the flash frequency is different to what is installed into speed cameras and then went on to show us with their own camera the result which in efefct did block out partial recognotion but as said could be enhanced and viewed but what it to say the flashes of gatso are not changed etc .... Would i trust such a product NOT A CHANCE .. the only way to not get caught is not to speed through the cameras ...

I think I recall seeing these on one of those police camera shows and the police

ANPR camera can pickup that the number plate has a cover on it and the guy in the

car was pulled over and given a ticket.

Found these two options on YouTube

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1nejPlRP_YY

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6hRXB-LzZ ... re=related

As has been recently reported and posted in this forum, they can track any vehicle using methods other than the number plate. A motorcyclist who consistently sped through front facing cameras was tracked down using techniques such as facial recognition systems and distinguishing marks on his motorcycle and his kit.

It is my opinion that if you are seen to be breaking the law on the road and obviously trying to pervert the course of justice by obscuring your identity, you raise a flag to yourself, bringing more attention to yourself and the likely possibility of much heavier penalties WHEN you are caught.

It goes without saying that a motorcyclist doing this, only brings more attention to motorcyclists as 'lawbreakers' and in my opinion, and I imagine a fair swathe of other motorcyclists, should not be condoned.

waste of time

you break the law expect to be caught at some point and pay the price

trying to evade the law is a far more seriouse crime

i have loud pipes on my bike and im expecting to be pulled at some point and get a £30 fine and rectification notice i will deal with that when it happens and not complain

i know im breaking the law and expect to pay the price when caught

I'm pretty sure that even if it obscures the image so much it can't be read normally, the negative image will show up the letters clear as day.

Can't remember where but there is an article on a anti speed cam site somewhere, will see if i can dig the link out.

a) it works

Comments?

Thx

Hey if I photocopy my mates driving licence, tipex out the name and write my own in....I could have the HGV catogory on my licence. Sound mad??????

So does the above!!!

a) it works

Comments?

Thx

Hey if I photocopy my mates driving licence, tipex out the name and write my own in....I could have the HGV catogory on my licence. Sound mad??????

So does the above!!!

scary thought willow in charge of hgv :shock: :shock:

yorkies arnt for girls ya know

waste of time

you break the law expect to be caught at some point and pay the price

trying to evade the law is a far more seriouse crime

i have loud pipes on my bike and im expecting to be pulled at some point and get a £30 fine and rectification notice i will deal with that when it happens and not complain

i know im breaking the law and expect to pay the price when caught

You get fined for loud pipes?

a) it works

Comments?

Thx

Do it anyway, you can always sue them for false adverstising.

You'll never win with speed camera's. And it's not worth the effort. I've been caught 5 times and can say it's not worth the time and effort.

Mind you, I did wonder if you could have your number plate on a hinge bracket and an actuator (Like a pump type thing) which would pull the numberplate up under the seat. Wired to a button on the handle bars....doubt it would be legal but...

You'll never win with speed camera's. And it's not worth the effort. I've been caught 5 times and can say it's not worth the time and effort.

Mind you, I did wonder if you could have your number plate on a hinge bracket and an actuator (Like a pump type thing) which would pull the numberplate up under the seat. Wired to a button on the handle bars....doubt it would be legal but...

You used to be able to buy them, but they are against the law now, and if you were to get caught with one, the police really come down heavy on you