Grease/Oil around Side stand

MonkeyKnuckle

Hey, just a quick question.

When I got my bike back from the garage I noticed there was some grease/oil on the fairing by the side stand.

(Only picture I have, just to show where I mean. Don't have any pictures of the oil/grease. It was in the small area behind the stand.)

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/MonkeyKnuckle/Bike003.jpg

As you can tell I'm not sure if it was oil or grease. I think it was probably grease as it was quite sticky and a bugger to get off. :lol:

Anway, I noticed it's started to come back so must be dripping off somewhere. Is there anything around that area that usually has grease dripping off? Maybe coming off the chain?

Thanks for any help. :D

Didnt you get a new exhaust recently? Might have not been fitted on fully sealed up. Small gap might be allowing fluids building up in the exhaust to settle after use and drip out. Had the same thing on my last bike. Did nothing but cause a mess. I suspect its nothing bad because my bike had the same thing in the same place too.

Hope that helps :mrgreen:

Didnt you get a new exhaust recently? Might have not been fitted on fully sealed up. Small gap might be allowing fluids building up in the exhaust to settle after use and drip out. Had the same thing on my last bike. Did nothing but cause a mess. I suspect its nothing bad because my bike had the same thing in the same place too.

his exhaust/pipes well be on the right side of bike :lol:

and if crap like that was coming from exhaust it prob means its time to spend loads of money on your engine :lol:

its just oil of your chain i use wd40 to clean it of my bike all bikes with a chain have same problom :lol:

his exhaust/pipes well be on the right side of bike :lol:

and if crap like that was coming from exhaust it prob means its time to spend loads of money on your engine :lol:

its just oil of your chain i use wd40 to clean it of my bike all bikes with a chain have same problom :lol:

:? ....Carbon build up along with tiny bits of fuel that get kicked out into the exhaust and sometimes cause a backfire??? Cause a blackish, thin fluid..

remove your sprocket cover and give it a good clean inside

while its off check out your clutch push rod seal that could be whats leaking and mixing with chain lube thats inside the sprocket cover then running out :wink:

i have just replaced my clutch push rod seal for the same reason

road salt and grit gets thrown on to the push rod then in to the seal when you use the clutch which destroys the seal :?

Thanks guys, hoping it was something innocent. Thought I'd make sure because I'm gonna be going for a long ride this weekend.

Not going to Tag stonehenge by anychance :wink:

:lol: 'Fraid not. I was going to do it last week but didn't have the time in the end. And I can't do it this weekend, next weekend or the following weekend so someone probably would have tagged it by then.