Matlock Bath Saturday 21st March 09

Hi, riding to my girlfriends in Chesterfield tomorrow (Friday) then gonna ride to Matlock Bath for fish and chips around lunch time on Saturday if anyone is around for a chat and/or a ride for a few hours afterwards. 125's welcome as I will have my lass as pillion so will be taking it easy-ish.

My mobile is in the contacts section, i'm on a green bandit and i'll probably have my forum fleece on.

It's supposed to be gorgeous weather this weekend too, looking forward to 3 days riding :D :D :D

Matt

Might well be around mate!!

Would recommend not bothering stopping in Matlock though... They are being silly with the rules about parking. How about going to CMC's in Chesterfield, or the bike shop in Clay Cross... Both serve food.

Just got to Chesterfield via the Cat and Fiddle - stopped there for lunch - what a lovely day!!

With regards to going to Matlock Bath, the girlfriend wanted fish and chips there that was all! What are they doing about parking enforcement? Surely if you don't stop over the time limit you're ok aren't you?

Oooo just noticed this... what time you there for food tomorrow? I may pop by and say hi... nothing definite. If you see a blue Fazer with a topbox and nice shiny s/s downpipes thats me :)

My favourite chippy is "Tuckers"... real nice chips there :)

I may well see you guys there then... I'll probably arrive around midday. I'm going to ride the cat and fiddle as well before I get there (leaving home aroun 8am :))

I'm heading off in a bit... going towards Rugeley then some nice B roads to meet the road to Leek... then Macclesfield and then the C&F for the first time! Really looking forward to that... may go back and for a few times ;)

I reckon I'll be at the C&F pub around 10-10.30am for a break, relax for a bit, and then head over towards MB... depending on what time I get there etc. I may see you guys at Midday for a chat :D

Great day everyone!!!

Met up with Jade and his better half, had some chips then a quick blast out. Back into Matlock and met up with TC. We shot of to CMC's in Chesterfield then back home again.....

140+ miles..... Great day!!

I got there too early me thinks.... left home just before 8am and went through Leek towards Macclesfield and then C&F... weather was fantastic as far as Leek and then was terrible over the C&F, visibility was like 20m or something.

I stopped at the pub for about 5mins for a break but then headed straight for MB and got there around 10.30am... far too early to meet you peeps! I left around 11.15am and rode home towards Ashbourne. I was home for 1am so the missus was happy :)

Maybe next time... glad you all had a good day though, fantastic weather for riding :)

I got there too early me thinks.... left home just before 8am and went through Leek towards Macclesfield and then C&F... weather was fantastic as far as Leek and then was terrible over the C&F, visibility was like 20m or something.

I stopped at the pub for about 5mins for a break but then headed straight for MB and got there around 10.30am... far too early to meet you peeps! I left around 11.15am and rode home towards Ashbourne. I was home for 1amso the missus was happy :)

Maybe next time... glad you all had a good day though, fantastic weather for riding :)

I know some people take the long way home, but did you go home via Cornwall!!! :shock: :mrgreen:

I know some people take the long way home, but did you go home via Cornwall!!! :shock: :mrgreen:

Haha... of course I meant 1pm :)

Up too early this morning... currently preparing ingredients for eggs benedict for the missus... my daughter is making a right mess though!

Here is my nice clean bike at Blithfield Reservoir near Abbots Bromley on my 165 miles trek yesterday! This is the only picture I took all day... too busy enjoying the roads after this!