And I don't even own a bike yet!

Hi all,

Been out today and spent more money on gear and I don't even own a bike yet! Bought a pair of cordura jacket at trousers at the MCN Excel show earlier this year which have been great on my lessons, but now I've gone and bought a 2 piece RST leather set for summer and like I said, I'm not even on a bike yet! Have a gander....

http://www.harpersraceshop.co.uk/usrimage/009%20rst%20fusion%20jacket%20and%20jean%20white%20black.jpg

Anyone else can't help themselves when it comes to buying bike gear?

Good stuff, i was in the same situation as you too! Had my gear for about a month or so before i had my bike and no, i wouldn't just put it on for fun sometimes... :roll:

Out of interest, how much did you spend on the leathers?

You seriously need to get a bike mate. What you looking for

I'm pretty much dead set on a Bandit 650, K7 or K8 naked. I was looking at an SV but just a little to small for me being 6"1. After I bought my leathers yesterday I actually went and looked at one at a dealers. It was an 08, approx 3000 on the clock, black with twin headlight conversion and scorpion exhaust. Had it up for £3500 which is a pretty good price from what I've seen around, so fingers cross it's still there next week if I pass as I could be taking that!

Out of interest, how much did you spend on the leathers?

I got the jacket for £175, the jeans for £140 and an optional upgrade of a knox back protector for another £10, so £325 all in.

I had my stuff before I bought my bike, mainly 'cos I wanted to be safe and warm during CBT

That's why I bought my first lot. I did my CBT in jeans and my dads old leather jacket and I was absolutely freezing, especially when it started raining!

Thanks for the comments all, really chuffed with the set. If you hadn't guessed they're RST Fusion, new for this year apparently. I suppose I kind of have an excuse for buying them, I plan to do a track day later in the year (if I pass) so need a 360 degree zip :wink:

Great choice of bike mate, and you`ll soon learn that I think BLACK is the best colour for bikes.

I bet any money within a year you`ll want the 1250 street fighter bandit

bandit4.jpg.da2b864d6a74168b57e188ba498f6344.jpg

Totally agree, the black definately looks the best. Black with twin headlights looks amazing IMO. I had a lot of bikes in mind, the SV, ER6, GSX650F, GSR600, but went for the Bandit in the end based on size, looks and price. Also, seems to have done pretty well in all of the reviews I've read.

So I'm hoping for a black bike, got my black leathers and looking at a black AGV S4 to replace my naff Lazer :D

• 2 weeks later...

It's absolutely fantastic cheers! I've just got back from a nice run as it's pretty sunny down in the south east today. I've been taking it easy for the first 100 miles or so, but saw the top of 2nd gear today and I cannot believe how fast it shifts, the corners just appear so so fast out there on the twistys. Haven't yet got the bottle to give it some in 1st though, I think about 7k rpm is the highest I've seen. I've still got a long way to go with my handling too, there's me thinking I'm really making some progress, then this moto x/trial bike comes flying past me like I was pootling along.

You said earlier that soon I'll be wanting the 1250 beast, well it's going to be a little while before I fully tame this one I think, but very very happy with my first bike.

If you haven't already, check out the thread 'The First Bike' in bike chat for pics.

Will check out the pics. Glad your enjoying it and take it steady and build up your confidence at your own pace. Don`t be pushed if you ride with others to go outside your comfort zone.

The Bandit is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fantastic. Techno will disagree though :wink:

looking at a black AGV S4 to replace my naff Lazer :D

Ooh! I want one of those... If I'm thinking right it's a solid matt colour with two white stripes from front to back? Lovely. Got an AGV Airtech, but already planned my next lid.

And yes, black bikes are best :D

Yep thats the one Mojo, gorgeous lid. Unfortunately though the AGV S4's don't fit my cranium :(

I went to a shop last week to get an idea of what fits and what doesn't, and putting the S4 on felt like putting my head in a vice. I went up a size and it rattled around, so the S4 is a no go.

After trying on a few I've come to the conclusion the shoei XR1000's fit the best, so I'm hoping for a Caster TC2, which is this little number.

http://www.bikesandscooters.com.au/forum/attachments/motorcycle-product-reviews/3237d1228211076-helmet-show-tell-shoei-xr1000-caster-tc2-blue_350_x86j.jpg

Yep thats the one Mojo, gorgeous lid. Unfortunately though the AGV S4's don't fit my cranium :(

I went to a shop last week to get an idea of what fits and what doesn't, and putting the S4 on felt like putting my head in a vice. I went up a size and it rattled around, so the S4 is a no go.

I'm the same, didn't fit at all. Went for an Arai in the end but it's a little tight and gives me red eyes after a while (even though it doesn't actually feel tight) So I might be buying a new one soon. :lol: