fighting the gov't/police for our freedom

Guest Ash77

<t>can positive action make a difference or will it be alright if we do nothing?</t>  

17 members have voted

1. 1. can positive action make a difference or will it be alright if we do nothing?

• yes, lets make a stand
    • no, it will be alright, they'll get bored of targetting us
    • maybe, but im not that bothered about my freedom.

call it an over reaction to look into protests etc over this,

its a small area we're talking about afterall, but surely people

must be concerned that this could just be the beginnning

and as the saying goes preventions better than cure.

as for spending money on fuel on go slows, i'll walk over the c&f etc with 100+ others, then walk back if it turns out theres a war on bikers. maybe the time isnt now but

if these tactics spread like wildfire and nothings done, we cant even say we tried

to stand up to it, we just bent over like the good old predictable british public mugs always do.

britain, land of moaners, not doers is what they count on when they come up

with their schemes that increase stress and frustration on decent people.

for evil (or idiots) to suceed, good people must do nothing!

i love biking, believe it or not all this targetting doesnt stop me enjoying it,

im just concerned that things are getting out of hand and could get very out of hand.

im not that bothered if theres no unity or appetite for this, i'll be fine (another british attitude).

im not changing how i ride, i'll still overtake and temporarily speed while doing so before going

back to the limit or what the limit used to be before they knocked 20mph off it for no reason.

its safer to get by fairly quickly, not spend a minute in the oncoming lane,

i dont care what the do gooders say.

i appreciate the common sense shown in here, i never expected revolution, im no che guevarra!

i must say tho the contribution from the laws side is very predictable, stick to the limits,

what you worried about etc. you could write down your grievances into a dissertation,

they just dont get it and thats why we are where we are!

'Government tells police and councils to target bikers for cash'

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... et-bikers/

they never learn, all cameras do is tax us even more. they have not

reduced casualties and dont replace common sense policing/patrolling.

End of the day, law is law... not made by police but enforced by police.

The speed limits are there... for whatever reason you believe they are there for.... and if you go over the limit, you are breaking the law and must be prepared to get caught and take any penalties given.

Believe it or not, roads can be just as enjoyable whilst travelling within the speed limits..... taking the perfect corner is better (for me) than hooning along at silly miles an hour.... you want speed like that.... book a track day.... gonna be cheaper than the fines you're gonna get on the road :)

Now if you think 'we' slag off the police 24/7, I suggest you read the other 99.9% content of the forum and change that opinion.

Vicki, This is a great forum, i have never disputed that. Its a minority not a majority. Mostly when the police are mentioned on here it is in a negative fasion. Which i fully understand is peoples opinions, but I don't have to like it, and it is a little offensive when the police seem to be slated continually by SOME people. Not all. Yes, 99& of the forum it doesnt happen.

People have their opinions, but its not the lower ranked police who do this, they have to follow the rules set by the government, and senior ranking officers, is all i was saying

My comment was not in any way negative about the forum. If i ddidnt like it i wouldn't be here, so Im sorry if you took it that way.

PPF I Fully appreciate what you are saying. and see yours and the original posters point. However what i am saying is the law isn't going away. If we choose not to follow it, there may be consequences, which would be the same for you and I.

And lastly Techno, It is my choice mate i appreciate that. However all kim saying is we do do some good work, and some hard work. Even though that sometimes upsets people, most police officers, I included do that for good reaason, to beenefit the public. Although i do emphasise MOST.

Sorry if my post was seen at all offensive, it was meant as discussion, not as an insult.

I appreciate your passion and belief in what you do... im the same as a social worker... and you know the flack we have been getting recently ...

Unfortunately we are both in a profession which has a negative side, which often takes precedence over the good we do.

Threads like this flare up now and again, then die down... trust me this is one of the more 'pro police' forums I have ever been on and I dont want it any other way.

At least neither of you blow people up!

Your right though Andy.

It's the laws that need questioning not the way they are policed.

If people want to speed in accident hotspots, known speed camera haunts (which the C&F has been for years!) then they should be prepare to reap the repurcussions!

I, myself do my scratching on nice lightly used, under policed roads, where the chances of an accident are slim because there is not much to hit. (Of course I stick to the speed limits though! :? )

As stated before there are plenty of roads out there to have a good blast on( i apologise to the sheep that had there dinner disturbed today) am sure the police presence could be a lot worse I have just had shall we say a spirited ride to a big biker meeting place and the only police I saw was actually sat at the place (devils bridge)

Andy we all understand that been a police officer is gonna be hard sometimes and some of the things you see horrific.

Andy we all understand that been a police officer is gonna be hard sometimes and some of the things you see horrific.

Mate cheers, but please don't think i was playing the sympathy card. All i was saying is we arent always out catching motorists, In fairness i never have chance. Thats more the traffic dept. We do sometimes help ( i think :lol: )

the current overuse of average speed cameras is a pain, but nothing to what i foresee will happen once/if the government brings in their idea of pay-as-you-go road charging.

the little black box they plan on installing will know which roads you use, but i'd bet a lot of money that they would also use that info to track how fast you've been travelling then send a nice little notice through the post.

the pay-as-you-go idea is more of a threat to liberty than any speed camera and hits all road users.

Oh no doubt I've found the police very helpful not banging my head as they've got me in the back of the car and for bringing the tea and bacon sarnies for breakfast :lol: BUt thats a different topic :?

They brought me a McDonalds breakfast once, but like you say, another topic. :3some:

Oh no doubt I've found the police very helpful not banging my head as they've got me in the back of the car and for bringing the tea and bacon sarnies for breakfast :lol: BUt thats a different topic :?

:o Really!!

They just rammed me in the back of the van with my arms all other the place, hand cuffs on all weird.

Shoulder blades where hurting for days.

saw this and couldnt resist posting

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... 0&nmt=Govt

they've been rigging traffic lights for god knows how long

so we use more fuel to pay more tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whod have thought that with all the green stuff they spout

and the move towards car tax going up to £450 a year

for subarus etc cos of co2 output.

maybe we shouldnt always swallow the shit they spoon feed us?

and for those who think most country roads will remain safe

from meddling, im not so sure

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/new ... meras.html

whos gonna buy a new car when you cant go over 50!

might as well have an 75cc moped, mind you they dont

use enough fuel for this gov't! they're all over the place,

you couldnt make it up.

mind you better not protest or you could end up dead or injured

at the hands of the police, even if it is only a minority that would attack you

for being angry about how they're cocking everything up.

saw this and couldnt resist posting

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... 0&nmt=Govt

they've been rigging traffic lights for god knows how long

so we use more fuel to pay more tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whod have thought that with all the green stuff they spout

and the move towards car tax going up to £450 a year

for subarus etc cos of co2 output.

maybe we shouldnt always swallow the sh*t they spoon feed us?

Maybe you shouldnt always swallow the sh*t that the media feeds you...

So just because one reporter on one news website says (without any evidence) that the government make traffic lights red to cause us to use more fuel, then thats it, its a fact? Im not saying that it definitley isnt true, im saying that just because its on a news website it certainly doesnt mean it is fact...