Anyone think this is too much, or about right?

Phoned up a local trainin company and they quoted me this for the motorcycle test.

Module 1, covered over 2days with test, £290 - bike hire, insurance, test, etc.

Module 2, again 2days with test, £350 - same applies, bike hire, etc.

Again if your ability is better can work out cheaper.

Josh

x

Ouch!!

To be honest mate you may struggle to get an answer... With this new course only just coming in prices are probably all over the place at the moment....

Bloody expensive compared to the old price though...

am gonna ring around a few other companies to see if their prices differ, ave to ring around late this afternoon as some of em are on tests, etc so can't give me all the info.

Well looks like i can do module 1 this month, and module 2 next month (i hope)

Josh

x

I dont understand how they can charge similar money (and say it takes just as much time) to do the module 1 training which is just slow speed manouvers, as it does to teach someone how to ride on the road, especially if they have never driven a car or ridden a bike before

I dont understand how they can charge similar money (and say it takes just as much time) to do the module 1 training which is just slow speed manouvers, as it does to teach someone how to ride on the road, especially if they have never driven a car or ridden a bike before

this is the intermidiate course, sorry i shulda added that.

if you have no road experience, or bike experience, it would take longer and work out more expesive :)

Josh

x

another test center:

3days (module 1 on 1st day and module 2 over next 2) all inclusive (bike, test, etc) and that is £450.

this is cos their prices havnt gone up for the new test yet soo gettin there lol :) sounds better to me.

Josh

x

From what I understand, the price of the new test is fixed until later this year (October I think) and is £80 for both modules. From then the price goes up to something ridiculous but I can't remember quite how ridiculous it is.

- 50 Kph (32 Mph) swerve manoeuvre

- 50 Kph (32 Mph) emergency stop

- Slow riding exercise

- Slalom

- Figure of eight

- Wheel machine backwards

- On/off stand

- U turn

Don't think this Module 1 is a walk in the park!! You will need to be a confident and better skilled rider to pass than you were pre 27th April 2009.

We are ensuring you are at Module 2 Pass Skill Level, in order to pass Module 1 :D

Well i did mine just before the swap over and it cost me £375 and when i asked how much it would cost if i waited to do the new one they said about £200 more so it sounds about right to me. But make sure you ring round and get as many prices as possible, you may come across a bargain.

Im sure I read that the price for module 1 is only like £15 or something...

£10

and £70 for module 2

Josh

x

So, is that going up later on this year ? :(

And that much for training, that's ridiculous!!

Gunna take me ages to get my bike license :shock:

For CBT (basics) plus afternoon on road

2 days DAS

test fee, and 2 hour lesson before, and use of bike

I paid £700

I paid £650 for the same

Ahh! But how much are you charging?

Check out our website, all prices are clearly shown! I think we might be reasonable in comparison!

With the advent of the super test centres- perhaps there is extra petrol & time taken to tarvel to these destinations along with the increase in test fees and natural depreciation brought about from the increase in use of the training bikes. Cheap training is often exactly just that...cheap