How many days training for DAS?

Guest Nik

Just done my CBT and bought my Yamaha YBR125 to get practice and confidence on. Clocked up 200 miles in the last week on it and riding it is starting to feel a bit more natural. I am intended to book my DAS training for early July. How many days training did you take for DAS? How many days do you think would be sensible given my level of experience (ie not much, but more than nothing!)

Thanks

most schools will offer a free evaluation.. just ring and ask :) i just had mine took 10mins and they can tell from there rorughly how many days you need :)

and you can ask all the qurestions you want there! as i did

Josh

x

Hi Nikki,

I booked the whole lot with a local training centre (Goldies Motorcycle Training) and explained I'd never been on a bike before. They recommended 1 day CBT, 1 day 125 ride, and 2 days DAS. The instructors are miracle workers, as I passed with exactly that. :thumb:

It all comes down to your experience though - if you've been riding a 125 for a while, then it's just a case of moving up to a bigger/heavier/easier to handle bike. For me, those 2 days DAS were also spent polishing up my maneuvers and confidence as I had no bike to ride in between days.

Hi Nikki,

I think it's a matter of how confident you feel on a bigger bike.

I'm in the same boat as you as i did my CBT a while ago and have been riding round on a Honda CG125. I've just done a days riding round at my local training session on a Kawasaki ER5 where they suggested another 1 day training before Module 1 and then another day before my road test. So adding the day i got on the bike already that#ll be 3 days for me.

Personally i was glad to have tried the bigger bike as i think anything less than that would have been a bad idea. For me the bigger bike was completly different than the smaller 125 i'm used to. Best thing is speak to your local centre and see if they will offer a ride assesment and let you know.

The one i went to was Bikewize in Cheam, they charged for the days assesment but it also included instruction and they took the cost of the day off my other lessons so i got a day on the bike for free :-)

after my CBT i found it cheaper to do lessons than a course. I did about 5 lessons (2 hours each )and passed

i was riding daily however :P

Hi Nik,

I did 3 days training and feel that was enough to get me to test standard. My instructor always used to say a large majority of people doing 3 days or more pass the test, whether he was just saying that to make me feel better I don't know?

You have the advantage of being able to practice things like the u-turns and slow speed control in your own time as you already have a bike, so you may get away with just 2 days (by this I mean 2 days training, test on the 3rd)

Good luck with what ever you do

Hi Nikki,

I think it's a matter of how confident you feel on a bigger bike.

I'm in the same boat as you as i did my CBT a while ago and have been riding round on a Honda CG125. I've just done a days riding round at my local training session on a Kawasaki ER5 where they suggested another 1 day training before Module 1 and then another day before my road test. So adding the day i got on the bike already that#ll be 3 days for me.

Personally i was glad to have tried the bigger bike as i think anything less than that would have been a bad idea. For me the bigger bike was completly different than the smaller 125 i'm used to. Best thing is speak to your local centre and see if they will offer a ride assesment and let you know.

The one i went to was Bikewize in Cheam, they charged for the days assesment but it also included instruction and they took the cost of the day off my other lessons so i got a day on the bike for free :-)

*waves at another Sutton person* If you see a small girl in pink, riding about on a red Suzuki Marauder, that's me!