il give u a bleedin' hazard :@

aaaaggghhh God i hate hazard perception. I hav been doing the mock tests and they are the beeeepest beeep beep on the beepin' planet. The camera thing used 2 film the clips is rubish, wher i see a hazard apperently isnt a hazard, and where it isnt, what do u kno...? 0 score for not seeing it. I could kill the mofo who introduced that crap

I hope the mofo that introduced that crap doesn't suddenly go missing, or you'll be in quite a bit of trouble!

If it's only practice ones don't worry. If you get them wrong just re-watch the clip and look at where the hazard was, think about why it's a hazard and move on. That way you'll be able to spot them easier in other clips.

Read the instructions m8 !!!

I done the same as you, put dvd on and click when i thought appropriate. WRONG. i scored the same as you....... 0 !

in the instructions it tells you to click when you see a hazard developing in the distance, then click when its near you, or somethin like that. but you should get the gist of it.

i hate the hazard test.. Just did it recently for my car test. I always click too early, going "Oh yeah, they are using an umbrella, not going to look... nope.. see.. straight into the road, pillocks", so i click far too early. Only just passed on my one because of that.

If it makes you feel any better, the hazards that you take in tests, they actually do happen in the road aswell :shock: . Seen some classics!

For those that aren't too clear there're 14 clips in all. All the clips have one hazard except one which has two (you don't know which one). The scoring system works by giving you a possible maximum of 5 points per hazard you recognise. The earlier you click the more points you get (i.e. if you see a developing hazard and click straight away you get five points. If you don't see the hazard until it's actually happened - a car pulls out infront of you and you didn't spot the build up - you get one point). If you click too late or don't click at all you get no points.

There are issues with it. The main one being that if you're an experience road user (i.e. have been driving for years but are sitting the motorcycle test) then you're more likely to spot the possible hazards before the points system even kicks in!

Don't try and cheat the system by constantly clicking or you'll get no points for that clip (or if you click repetitively, or try and fool the system in any way). It's OK to click for multiple hazards in one clip (or what you think are hazards), Just don't over do it.

When I sat my test I clicked twice - once for when I initially saw the hazard developing, and again when the developing hazard actually became a hazard (i.e. I saw the top of a lorry behind a hedge approaching a junction - click - then the lorry because a hazard to me by pulling out in front of me - click).

For those that aren't too clear there're 14 clips in all. All the clips have one hazard except one which has two (you don't know which one). The scoring system works by giving you a possible maximum of 5 points per hazard you recognise. The earlier you click the more points you get (i.e. if you see a developing hazard and click straight away you get five points. If you don't see the hazard until it's actually happened - a car pulls out infront of you and you didn't spot the build up - you get one point). If you click too late or don't click at all you get no points.

There are issues with it. The main one being that if you're an experience road user (i.e. have been driving for years but are sitting the motorcycle test) then you're more likely to spot the possible hazards before the points system even kicks in!

Don't try and cheat the system by constantly clicking or you'll get no points for that clip (or if you click repetitively, or try and fool the system in any way). It's OK to click for multiple hazards in one clip (or what you think are hazards), Just don't over do it.

When I sat my test I clicked twice - once for when I initially saw the hazard developing, and again when the developing hazard actually became a hazard (i.e. I saw the top of a lorry behind a hedge approaching a junction - click - then the lorry because a hazard to me by pulling out in front of me - click).

I clicked three or four times as the hazard developed and was fine with that. I just don't think you can click every second throughout the whole clip etc. At least if you click a few times you're pretty much guaranteed to get better than average marks.

I have taken and passed 4 Hazard perception tests and I always watch the expample at least twice (they have now imposed a maximum of twice)

Watch it through and listen carefully to what they say, get an idea of what they want you to do, not what you think they want you to do.

• 4 weeks later...

hahaha updated :D i passed my theory yesterday, took all ur tips in to account about LISTENING to what they want, see i thought i just click once or twice depending on where i see a hazard, coz theres only 1 hazard in the clips apart from 1 which has 2. anyway the practice clip said dont be afraid to click a few times, just dont get over excited. so i did :D. passed them both hahaha im well buzzin.

next stop DAS. i saw a bike school in bolton doing it for 200 quid, for 2 days. where as in manchester (where i live) theyr starting around 400.

anyone got any advice?? obviousy if i chose bolton i would have to include fuel price in getting their and back n i reckon itl take me 3 days.

Well done on passing theory test.... and dont worry, guys dont read instructions for anything :)

Good luck with the DAS :)

I would do the DAS around streets you know.... and dont go for the cheapest... find out what they offer in terms of retest if you fail etc... weigh it up when you have all the information :)

I had loads of trouble with the hazard perception when doing the theory for my car test- I have been practicing quite a bit on a pc 'game' dvd quite a bit so hopefully it will be ok first time for the theory test I have got in a couple of weeks!

Well done for passing it though- and good luck with the DAS!

But for anyone else having problems:

I found that I was clicking too soon- bascially clicking in case something turned into a hazard! Wrong lol just remember its when something makes you change direction or speed :)