Does a screen make a difference?

A screen on your bike will stop the turbulence that hits you in the chest making cruising at speed hard work.

I've debated this with Jade mongoose, Bandit 600, and now he rides with, and wouldn't be without, I too have a added a small headlamp fairing to direct the airflow around and over me.

In addition i dont need to spend as much time cleaning bugs from my headlight, clocks etc..

I doubt they do a double bubble (Mainly Faired bikes) for a YBR125, just go for a universal headlamp screen, options and costs vary..

The ones in your link look good and are colour matched, but if you dont want to spend £60+ then you can get others for less.

Screen2.jpg.10015b02cbdee2265d2888f49438b039.jpg

Puig Screen

136065287_screen1.jpg.b2229a0691dcd2972029719178445a9c.jpg

Headlamp Fairing (GS500E)

Edited by Anonymous

screams are a god send, i used to have no screen on my thundercat but the day i put a little one on was a revelation, meant i could cruise at 40mph faster without getting knackered. :) go for it

it was bought for fuel economy and commuting. The plan is to pass my test within the year, ride for 2 more years then the bikes paid for and I can buy a sports bike with the cash i'm saving not putting fuel in the car. Looking at a 6k saving on fuel cost over 3 years, which is my deposit for a new one :D

Am specifically looking for the Yamaha colour matched screen. Waiting for CMC to get back to me with a price too.

you could get an aftermarket from online sources, but as this is a yamaha part, then its the dealer i'm afraid...

I guess I'll be the first with a differing opinion, and say they're not that great.

All the screen does for me is take the air flow away from my lower abdomen. My chest and head still suffer so much that I want to remove it after my biking holiday, and secondly it keeps me at legal speeds :)

A screen on a 125? "Protection from the wind at high speeds"? Really?

Yeah it's a 125 but we all gotta start somewhere and it wasn't intended for speed, the sole purpose was to save fuel commuting. Suppose I could do what the idiot down the road does and ride without number plates, licence, etc., then I wouldn't have to worry about engine size or for that matter my life but I thought i'd do it right. In terms of speed the most I do is 50 given the roads and traffic, but it still gets pretty damn breezy round the old 6-pack, sorry I mean keg.

Yeah it's a 125 but we all gotta start somewhere and it wasn't intended for speed, the sole purpose was to save fuel commuting. Suppose I could do what the idiot down the road does and ride without number plates, licence, etc., then I wouldn't have to worry about engine size or for that matter my life but I thought i'd do it right. In terms of speed the most I do is 50 given the roads and traffic, but it still gets pretty damn breezy round the old 6-pack, sorry I mean keg.

Martlewis.. I had a 200cc in my youth, not much more power than your 125cc, and wanted a screen, not because i was going treble figures, but as i was 17, weighed about 7 stone , and was 4'10 i wasn't built like some of the tree trunks on here, and it took the windblast off my shoulders.. ..

If you want a screen go for it, its your bike.. :cheers:

Hmm I just can't see one of those flyscreen type things doing anything on a 125 is all, was genuinely curious as to why you wanted one!

Surely it'd make the difference in fuel economy between 85 and 82 mpg or something - or have you read people saying it makes a big difference?

MartLewis

Did you get a screen?

Have found this http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/shop/prod ... ts_id/5401

Good brand but not sure if fit? only £30

Or ebay item 330315201435

Yamaha ybr screen , but £140 !!! Lot more than dealer

Ive just purchased YBR also so thinking of getting one!

Or could buy one and get it fitted from dealer with first 600 mile service?

sorry to hijack this thread

im after a Screen for my bandit 600, thing is though i have dominator lights so needs to fit over them and the cheapest i can find them are £50

£50 for a screen! anyone know of any sites that sell them a bit cheaper?