What to buy CBR 600F or CBR 600RR

craig170281

I have just passed my test yesterday :lol: :D :D :D and was wondering wether to buy a CBR 600RR or the F, the insurance prices are £836 for the RR or £589 for the CBF so not really that much difference, the only bike I have ridden except the training bikes is a Aprillia 125RS and I got bored of that after 3 months, has anyone owned both and whats the difference to speed / handling??????

Thanks in advance.

Craig

Edited by craig170281

i take it you are considering the CBR600RR or the CBR600F, not the CBF600 Hornet..

Blakeatron and TC both have the CBR600F and seem to enjoy them ..

Guest philgale
The 600RR is a f**king mental bike - not something I'd recommend as a first big bike unless you have some sort of problem with your right wrist that means you can't twist things far...

maybe some people can control there own hands :wink:

if you want the rr get it, i would of thought the insurance would be much different than that, you must be an old bugger :lol:

Sorry about the confusion its the CBR 600RR or the CBR 600F or even maybe an R6???? not the CBF, I am only 28 Philgale you cheeky f**ker, I managed to get that insurance price on compare.com, through H&R ( I think ) it does come with a £800 excess tho :o ( lets hope we wont be needing that ) couldnt believe it to as the cheapest quote I had before that was from Bikesure for £1100.

I just dont wanna buy the 600F and get bored of it as I need to keep it for a least a couple of years, the Aprillia RS was nippy off the mark but you needed to keep it above 7000 revs to get anything out of it, bored within 3 months.

Albeit I have only ridden a brand new rr and my older fs - apart from the riding position you will not notice a power difference in general fast road riding.

Dragolith has a standard f - and he is more than happy with his, I just prefer the looks of the fs :)

i love yammys so naturaly id say have a go on an fz6 they are a stonking good bike failing that if you must stay with honda then have a pop on a hornet the newer ones are much better and both the fz6 and hornet will be good on the old insurance.

if youve got your heart set on a sports 6 then id say try and get a cbr6fs they were the more sportier looking of the older cbr`s.

the cbr6rr are a stonking bike as mentioned and i know they make great track tools but for a first bike id be cautious you wana get something your comfy with and grow into and not gona scare the pants off ya which will knock your confidence.

however all this aside the only way you`ll know is get out and test them. :cheers:

The key difference between these 2 bikes is not power

07 CBR600F = 110bhp

07 CBR600RR = 118 bhp

the main difference has always been the equipment level and race track handling of the RR which is more track focused and a little lighter, but importantly both bikes have the same amount of torque.

I would suggest that you wont get bored with the F for normal road riding, if you do then you will probably also get bored with the RR.

IMO there are only 2 reasons to get the RR over the F.

1. Looks and status, the RR is seen by some to be a higher spec bike and therefore more desirable, it also has a more sporty riding position.

2. If you want a bike to use on the track and you really think that you need the extra spec of the RR over the F.

Personally I would go for the F every time.

I'd say CBRf, not CBRrr. The CBRf is a lovely bike, the rr is too twitchy for a first bike, too likely to end up nasty...

Nonsense that goes for most bikes I know people who bought the rr or any other sports 600 and have been more than fine, and people who have gone for something less sporty and f**ked up.

If you want the rr get the rr!

I have a feeling of de ja vu :?

i know the rr is mental and totaly for a first big bike but personally being anutt case id just say what the hell to the whole money thing sod it!! go for the rr every time lol :mrgreen:

Guest philgale
2. If you want a bike to use on the track and you really think that you need the extra spec of the RR over the F.

thats just it, i dont know many people that would. there was a no limits instructor at oulton who had a 600f and he ran rings round people on blades and the like.

I like the sporty riding position of the RR, I think the best advice has been just get down there and ride it, do dealers mind firstly a newbie going in there and riding bikes having only past there test 1 week and also do they get s**ty with you if you dont end up buying one????

I'd say CBRf, not CBRrr. The CBRf is a lovely bike, the rr is too twitchy for a first bike, too likely to end up nasty...

Nonsense that goes for most bikes I know people who bought the rr or any other sports 600 and have been more than fine, and people who have gone for something less sporty and f**ked up.

If you want the rr get the rr!

+1

i take it you are considering the CBR600RR or the CBR600F, not the CBF600 Hornet..

Blakeatron and TC both have the CBR600F and seem to enjoy them ..

Frankie Ours are the FS the predecessor to the RR

And it just happens i know where there is one for sale :wink: