Anyone up for this?

Fazer Pete

I went into Hein Gericke in Chester today and they have a poster on the door with this article printed on it and on the bottom it says that they are meeting up at the rear car park at 11 on the day to ride up, Apparently there are people comin from all over the country!

I think it might prove to be an interesting day

Bogof.

Whereas you may feel that catching 1:8 riders who are commiting an offence is worth the hassle for the innocent, can you also believe that the recently retired CC of North Wales decreed that heavy trucks should not be stopped on the A55 route to and from the Holyhead ferry terminal, whatever their condition or legality, as it could harm local businesses?

So, if you are happy to allow one section of the community to be treated less favourably than another, it says a lot about you and your core principles.

OK how about a concerted campaign to banrupt n.Wales police or at least their trafic section.

have well publicised rideouts/meets as often as possible when as many riders as possible descend on the area and ride perfectly legal bikes within the speed limit. NW plod puts as many traffic pod on as possible incurring huge overtime bills and denuding the rest of the force's manpower and resources.

Also streams of riders riding perfectly legally at just under the speed limit and clogging up the main roads throughout the area. All these actions should be well documented and videod in case plod try to take action by accusing the riders of acting illegally.

Bogof.

Whereas you may feel that catching 1:8 riders who are commiting an offence is worth the hassle for the innocent, can you also believe that the recently retired CC of North Wales decreed that heavy trucks should not be stopped on the A55 route to and from the Holyhead ferry terminal, whatever their condition or legality, as it could harm local businesses?

So, if you are happy to allow one section of the community to be treated less favourably than another, it says a lot about you and your core principles.

Two distinctly different topics.

However, on the topic of trucks being stopped on the A55, I found this...

More than half the trucks stopped during a 16-hour police operation on the A55 near Holyhead were taken off the road because they were unsafe... Of the 174 vehicles halted during Operation Mermaid, 91 were prevented from moving until a dangerous defect had been repaired... But North Wales Police chief constable Richard Brunstrom described the fines handed out to some of the offenders as "derisory"

.. which although dated a couple of years back, doesn't seem to support your allegation. Was this "decree" more recent than my quote? Could you please provide a link to the story as I would be interested in reading it?

However, for the record, I do not believe that unroadworthy trucks travelling along any stretch of road should be allowed to proceed, whatever the reasoning.

its easier to get to the dragon's rest cafe but more twisties to get to the pondarosa,

so its up to you. straight line boring run up the a55 or wobbling around the bends up to pondarosa...

ummm, shed loads of bikes and cops to match, think i'll keep to my own national park.. where it'll be quieter.. understand what's trying to be done here, but a long ride to get caught up with "traffic" and "pulled" for a chat (without having a brew), just not my cup of tea.. last thing i want is to get fined for something the cops up here will let go, just because of making a point..

The Heading "Reclaim North Wales" is a bit Daft IMO

Its just going to get up the backs of most of the locals who will side with the police as it sounds like we're going into battle.

North Wales Doesnt need reclaiming it needs "RESPECTING" when you are there.

I've had loads of great days up there. As long as your not being stupid, got a small plate, illegal can etc, you are fine.

So who is Reclaiming North Wales, because the more Idiot riders that go back up there the worse it will get for the weeks to follow for the sensible bikers who respect what they do and where they go.

The Heading "Reclaim North Wales" is a bit Daft IMO

Its just going to get up the backs of most of the locals who will side with the police as it sounds like we're going into battle.

North Wales Doesnt need reclaiming it needs "RESPECTING" when you are there.

I've had loads of great days up there. As long as your not being stupid, got a small plate, illegal can etc, you are fine.

So who is Reclaiming North Wales, because the more Idiot riders that go back up there the worse it will get for the weeks to follow for the sensible bikers who respect what they do and where they go.

Agreed about the sesationalised headlines Dave.

Went on a ride a few years back protesting about all the police road blocks and harrasment. There where about a 1000 bikes in convoy and the general public where out applauding us, much like at the Wirral egg run. The trouble with the Police in North Wales is they have lost the support of the local populace with their constant harrasment of the motorist, of all kinds, and forgetting about real crime, you know the sort, with a victim.

If anyone who goes to this keeps it legal then they have no need to stop you. If you do get stopped, whils being legal and giving no reason to be stopped, then surely that is wrong. I love riding in Wales, fantastic scenery and grat roads. My bike is standard and completly legal, but i hate the idea of getting pulled over and having some condecending little twerp giving me a lecture on bikes and how dangerous they are

Is this True :shock:

The police Deputy Cheif Constable CLIVE WOLFENDALE has proposed to ban motorcycles from the National Park areas, which if he wins!!!!!! will lead to bikes bein banned all over the North Wales roads

Just like windermere banning powerboats going over 10mph.

Biggest lake in our great seafaring nation and most watersports are banned. We used to have a £200 kitty for the day just for food and drink when we went there waterskiing.

I believe it is an ambition first thought of Brunstrom and now being pushed by his succesor. Having people with ideas like that can only be bad for us.

Think this ride could be more than just a protest about stop checks, and more to point out that we have our liberties to ride where we please at stake