tail pack

im after getting a tail pack for the bike to go with my sports paaniers i have got

not the problem i have is a big lack of tie down points on my bike due to me thinking i wouldnt need them and cut them off and fitted a nice smart looking undertray :oops:

anyway all i have to tie down to now is the pillion pegs!!! obviously one either side!!! so is there any tail packs out there that can somehow strap to the seat and be very stable :?

hmmm interesting

also been looking at the oxford humb back tail pack but that has bungee straps on each corner so would somehow have to figure a way to attach the rear two straps to something was thinking of just going under the rear tail unit and attaching them together

and i think there is a couple of spare D rings on the panniers :)

My tail pack has the four bungee thing its actually 2 crossing bungees both fit to the same hook anchor point so dont need four points to hook too if that makes sense.

yes i know what you mean

but my anchor points are the pillion pegs and are further forward then the rear seat so it could move forward!!! :?

although it will be used with the panneirs so they could stop it moving :?

might have to get a hold of one and try it :)

I bungee to the panniers, as the panniers are in the way of the luggage rails, and held tight by there own bungees..

you could get some webbing straps, fit d-rings to them, and have them poke out from under the seat, when not in use just stow them underneath..

i've got a hump back oxford and a square one you can try out with your panniers if you like stu, give you an idea which type you want/don't want :thumb:

i might have to take you up on that offer :mrgreen:

hmmm interesting

also been looking at the oxford humb back tail pack but that has bungee straps on each corner so would somehow have to figure a way to attach the rear two straps to something was thinking of just going under the rear tail unit and attaching them together

It may or may not help, but I saw yesterday a small tail-tidy that was basically a number plate bracket but with an anchor point for bungees at either end. I think it was made by R&G.

I have got the Whoppa bag from Baglux, and it is absolutely brilliant :cheers:

http://www.baglux.co.uk/whoppa.php

It is connected to the back of the bike by two zips which are attached to the bike but are concealed when not in use.

No bungees required, is dead neat, rock solid at all speeds, waterproof and carries as much as a set of panniers.

I have had mine for about 5 years, and if I change bikes I just change the zip fastenings which takes minutes to fit once the rear seat is off, but you would not know they fittings are there unless you look carefully.

No risk of scratched paintwork, no bungees to fasten to the bike and no risk of bungees snapping which I have seen on many occasions on my jaunts.