Giving the nod - do you?

Anton17

<t>Do you give the nod to other bikers?</t>  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give the nod to other bikers?

• Yes
    • No

Fine i'll join in then :lol:

Yep i nod, even to the people on L's, when i was it made my day. Not often cruisers, sometimes i do n now n again i get a nod back. Recently i've been forgetting to nod when i've been 'going for it' though.

No nods to the chavs though.

I used to cycle/train 15k miles a year as a competative cyclist and like motorbikes, cyclists always give a nod, wave, shout to each other. But since I've been on a motorbike I've found myself waving to cyclists before realising I'm not in lycra :(

I get some strange reactions in return!

I nod to all bikes and maxi-scooters. I also nod at non-chav mopeds (very few there) and hot women on vespas (though they don't understand at all and just look puzzled).

I do find that sometimes on my commute I am so busy looking for a way through the traffic I can go without noticing bikes in the heavy traffic until it's too late though. I feel bad then.

generally yes, but if theres a load of bikes, the first

i don't nod at scooters (vespa/lambretta) Rocker/mod thing..

i don't nod at peds,

but i do nod at 125's/L's,

sometimes i just raise my hand, and i will motion a wave if i overtake another bike..

also use the thumb down to oncoming bikers for the law/cameras.

I give the snod

sideways nod to everyone apart from chavs on scooters with tshirts on they can go fall off for i care.

if there is a group of bikers comming towards me then i will stick my hand up or put my knee or leg out just depends.

I always not at police bikers and they nod back, never had one copper that has not, even had cops in cars stick there thumb up at me whilst going past. But that does not happen often there normally pulling me over to hav a go or cream over my bike lol

As a noobie my first Biker Nod filled me with a joy usually associated with a young child's Christmas morning with my fave yet being a guy on the biggest Harley I've ever seen nod as I passed him on a cross roads... then toot as he caught me and rode off with his hand out in a static wave. I felt accepted as a biker!

Yes, usually. I got a nod when I was on my test once and wasn't sure whether to nod back or not... I did a mini-nod in the end I think. I pretty much nod to other bikers, get a fairly good response. I'll only nod to mopeds, etc. if they're at least trying to wear the right gear. Try and avoid encouraging chavs on superbikes wearing shorts and trainers and riding at over 100+ in an urban area.

I always nod to other BIKERS, 90% of which nod back, the main culprits i find that do not nod back are, Harley riding bad-ass weekend warriors :up: , and sports bike owners who think they are Rossi :up: . i dont mind nodding to Scooterists you know the sort, dress in camo gear and belong to a proper scooter club (not mods ) and all learners on motorcycles (we were all there once ), i also give a wave to drivers who kindly let me pass on narrow roads as the occupant is probably a BIKER that's why he/she is letting you through.

I always Nod at proper bikes (Even Cruisers though they hardly Ever nod back) :mrgreen:

Occasionally will nod at mod ped boys if there staring at the bike.. And wave at pizza boys because they then look Terrified :lol:

I still nod to everyone on 2 wheels......... I've noticed most scooters don't nod back tho.

More than likely they are in a state of shock!!. :lol:

Keep up the good work though!.. :thumb:

As I've said before on here, I nod to anyone on two wheels -even if it is a chav on a scoot...I figure is better to show that there's a respect in the biking community, and that it is a community.

I'm overtaking a bike on a carriageway or something I raise my hand a little bit as I pass, just to say 'hey, respect'.

I love the biking community and the nods...I think it's awesome.

I've spent nearly 4 weeks now walking everywhere, and I still nod as bikes go past :P

have any acknowledged your nod? It would be awesome if they did!!

I nod at everyone and since losing my L plates most nod back now. Oh and I wave at kids if they wave at me, only because I know how much my daughter loves it when she gets a wave back from a bike.