reasons to buy a bike...continued,with a twist

fazerboy

<t>CAR OR BIKE</t>  

49 members have voted

1. 1. CAR OR BIKE

• BIKE
    • CAR

just read the thread reasons to buy a bike,and very intersting too,but the car debate came up,and all the benefits they have ove a motorbike,so my question is

given the choice of one or the other which would you have,and no going back??

me??? hmmm,i dont need either really,but hmmm wow its hard,,,

1.....sorry but CAR...JUST :cry:

just on practicality

I live in the city, so bike.

No congestion charge, no tax, a lot of free parking, love filtering, love bus lanes (yes, London allows it).

Just looking forward to getting my full licence...motorways and bigger bike and ability for someone to ride 'bitch'.

Much as I love bikes, and my VFR is my daily transport, as a family man, I had to vote car.

Personally, I doubt you're going to get an honest indication here.

People will vote bike simply because this is a bikers forum.

In reality, I suspect most people don't really need a bike for anything other than leisure, and would be hard pushed to manage without a car.

Edited by Anonymous

Purely and only because I have lived without a car for over a year now and only missed it once... And the one time I needed it I was in a situation where I would have been a good 90 minutes away from it anyway, and if I had my bike with me at the time I could have used that.

Aside from that, the fun, friends, feeling and laughs you get from being a biker simply can't be beaten.

In an ideal world it would be a bike all the way, but given its not an ideal world and we live in a usually unpleasant weather country where you have to work, get shopping etc the car is the most practical and confortable machine. Im sad to say

I simply dont enjoy a bike when it rains bad :( and it rains bad alot here.

Has to be car too for me :(

Only down to practicality though. Two young children don't go too well on the back of the bike :shock:

why not? all the chavs do it and the cops dont seem to care lmao

Because we all have helmets and gear and a licensed bike which means we have money and therefore worth nicking so we can put money towards the police xmas drinks fund.

I'd have to choose car too as I don't have a wife that wants to ride so we could have two bikes and a child on the back of each.

Going back to my youth, the bike had it every time, come wind come rain, , faster than LMS or a Morris Minors or Standard 10s plus it was more fun and a lot cheaper, rode it every were,

But these days if it's wind & rain, then it's the car, The bike is for pure enjoyment & fun,,

so now if you really push me to pick then it's the car on the grounds that it's more convenient, no bike gear to tog up in, chuck your case in the back, it's warm in winter & cool in summer, It's boring,,,,,,,,,,,,,

maybe that's why the bike clocks up more miles in the summer than the car

if bikes were as practical as cars, then we'd all be riding, and doubtful theyd be as much fun...

its horses for courses,

and as for the costs issue, a family of four would need two bikes for one car, so MPG, and cost is about the same, but luggage capacity and where to put the buggy means the car wins..

my bike is fun for the odd commute, on a nice day, but the car is much more convenient in terms of load space, attire (clothing), and waterproofing...

and my old car losts its charm from being a nice sporty hatch, to being the daily runabout just took the edge off it, so happy to leave my bike in the fun factor bracket, whilst the car becomes the workhorse

For me its the bike every time

But then I'm lucky because as a family my missus has a car. I spent many of my former years bike only, in fact I only got a car when our first baby was due!

Just cant do baby stuff with a bike. That aside missus uses car for work, bike for fun, I use bike for everything.

what happened to all the previous posts?? lol

i voted bike tbh, as i dont need a car now. Although it would depend on what car, something stupid fast and great handling, comfortable and practical id probably choose that lol, mainly for any future family though..

bike becuase i despise car driving with a passion! dont care what car it is, believe me ive driven loads! alot of them people would dribble over, but i hate it!

so bike gets my vote 100% :D

For me its the bike every time

But then I'm lucky because as a family my missus has a car.

Ah I see.

So the answer is yes, bike, provided we can keep a car in the household :?

That is cheating a bit.

Yes of course I would choose the bike every time, if we were allowed to have a car as well, but let's be honest, if we could only have one mode of transport for the whole household, would it really be the bike ?