Which licence did you have first?

BoB3rt

<t>Which licence first?</t>  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which licence first?

• Bike Before Car
    • Car Before Bike
    • No licence I just want to be a part of this

Since passing my licence about a month ago, many people are amazed to find i have a bike licence and not a car licence... :shock:

so i figured is it the norm to get a car licence first? I will ask the audience.

When I did my car licence I had no intention of ever riding a bike. The thought used to scare me! I then built up a lot of driving experience, did my IAM assessment, along with a whole host of other advanced driving qualifications learnt. Then woke up one day & thought 'sod it' & booked my CBT! I loved it so here I am now with a bike & a car :)

I've had my car licence a few years now.Always wanted a bike but listened to family members too much - about how dangerous bikes are.

Not any more, I've not long passed my cbt and the wife passed hers yesterday.

It's sooooo much easier with an understanding wife !!

Jase

I have a full bike license, provisional car license. Completely ignored people's (usually uneducated) opinions on bikes. What made me originally choose a bike, was the insurance price (at the time was 17, and quoted £200 for a CG125 TPFT vs £1.5K to get insured on my mum's car, even with a full license, which i didn't have), and the fact i could ride on a provisional (rather than after an expensive totally unaffordable suite of lessons and tests).

Having a gap year (in sales) before university allowed me to do the natural thing; progress onto (a) bigger bike, and get the practical things like panniers, big chains etc that make a bike far more versatile and practical to keep.

Can't see how a student in a city is supposed to afford (to insure) a car (at least apart from those who have "mummy and daddy" step in to help - or live with family), so i don't have one.

I've casually taken a few car driving lessons when i can afford it (so not currently), but do want to get a car license ASAP (which won't make it any faster because money is the limiting factor) so that i can rent a car if the need ever comes up for needing one (rare). Bike Safe is of higher priority to me though, that's booked for July!

I had both licenses whilst i was 17.

I did get my car license first, but that's only becuase i kept failing module 1 :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Was it you that took like, 7 tries?

I did get my car license first, but that's only becuase i kept failing module 1 :lol:

Oi, 5 i'll have you know. and that was on an RS attempting the U turn.

6th time on a YBR with no experience on one ;)

Car 1977

Bike 1980 ...

.................on a borrowed bike, because I foolishly announced

in the pub one evening "anyone can pass their bike test"

:D

Oi, 5 i'll have you know. and that was on an RS attempting the U turn.

6th time on a YBR with no experience on one ;)

I was close then :mrgreen:

Did car first over 10 years ago and although I always fancied a bike I never thought I would be able to get one due to kid and b*tch wife :roll: But luckily I got divorced and finally I can learn to ride :mrgreen: And whats even better, my girlfriend is also starting to think about bike. We are going to sell our car in a month and she is getting a bike as well woohoo :yay:

Almost got my car license then I basically realised this guy's situation below and didn't sit the test. So bike license first, but I was driving long before.

I have a full bike license, provisional car license. Completely ignored people's (usually uneducated) opinions on bikes. What made me originally choose a bike, was the insurance price (at the time was 17, and quoted £200 for a CG125 TPFT vs £1.5K to get insured on my mum's car, even with a full license, which i didn't have), and the fact i could ride on a provisional (rather than after an expensive totally unaffordable suite of lessons and tests).

Having a gap year (in sales) before university allowed me to do the natural thing; progress onto (a) bigger bike, and get the practical things like panniers, big chains etc that make a bike far more versatile and practical to keep.

Can't see how a student in a city is supposed to afford (to insure) a car (at least apart from those who have "mummy and daddy" step in to help - or live with family), so i don't have one.

I've casually taken a few car driving lessons when i can afford it (so not currently), but do want to get a car license ASAP (which won't make it any faster because money is the limiting factor) so that i can rent a car if the need ever comes up for needing one (rare). Bike Safe is of higher priority to me though, that's booked for July!

Spent hundreds on car lessons and then realised I could NEVER afford the insurance. Like you say around £1,500 (for an old banger). Like you uni seems to be full of spoilt brats and some get given everything.

Now I have just got a job and been offered a company car (it's a V70) and now it's time to get the car license. I'm a biker at heart though and hope to upgrade to a thundercat next year when my insurance premiums will fall.

Dude why spend so much then just pack it all in again

your only gunna have to spend more in catching up! (albeit not so much but still) once starting, you shoulda seen it through!

never mind good luck! recently did mine, its a piece of piss even though i was told the night before i had to do it in my own car! (and the test was about 9:17am or something) so only had about 2-3 hours training in my own car.