Keithg24

<t>Virgins on tour</t>  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Virgins on tour

• Yes I would be interested
    • Go away you old fool

Defo interested.

I'll keep checking back for updates.

What would be the round trip mileage roughly?

Hope my bike is up to it, might have traded it in for a fazer by then.

Depends where you go, we did 3000 miles to costa blanca and back, dover/calais no major diversions.

I thought you was getting the ferry to Santander or Bilbao mate?

Cool, sounds like you took same ish route to me although I took about a week to get to Spain traveling along the North coast of France then South down the West coast.

I think that's the Millau viaduct, if so, we crossed it twice, there are some pics in gallery. 8) 500 miles a day was hard but not as bad as I was expecting, the first day going and first day coming back were the worst. but we didn't have much time for sightseeing, just constant 90/95 mph, stop for fuel then do it again and again and again etc. :lol:

I think that's the Millau viaduct, if so, we crossed it twice, there are some pics in gallery. 8) 500 miles a day was hard but not as bad as I was expecting, the first day going and first day coming back were the worst. but we didn't have much time for sightseeing, just constant 90/95 mph, stop for fuel then do it again and again and again etc. :lol:

If thats that fooking high bridge thing that about a mile long.....I went over that coming back and shat my pants :lol: I was scared too fook getting blown all over the place......I think I rode over it about 20mph !

I know.................................Nowt new there Techno :up:

Yep...Thats it Rennie, just checked the link that viaduct goes on forever........and I've found my next biking Holiday, gunna do that Balkans Tour....I've been to all them places in former Yugoslavia in uniform. Will be good to see it in civies even though they do drive like mentalists out there !

Yep may be interested. Touring novice but sounds great. Crap at mechanics so if bike f**ks up I`ll need some help. Bit like korben, keen on speed for a bit, but not constant 100mph so I`ll back out if that is what most people would want.

Although capable of ton+ (even on a wobbly Pan) I consider touring to include enjoying the sights, not an all-out endurance event.

So, if the TMF mother of all rideouts does come to fruition, there will be plenty of opportunity for sub-sonic riding and photo taking, even if it means forming a sub-group.

I have looked at some of the distances involved and, to be honest, I would be unwilling to spend hours at a time on the French motorways just to clock up heroic mileage.

Edited by Anonymous

I'm slow as well and will be taking lotsa foties. I'm sure there will be enough of each kind of rider to keep everyone happy.

And all faith in Keith to sort out where to go, recon he might have done it before :lol:

Happy to do B&B and even share rooms if cuts down on cost for others 8)

At this stage I was looking at Hull Zeebruges overnight to start.

I don't do motorways, except in Portugal 'cos they have bends!!!

Anyway, just keep an eyeon this post and I will do some costings!!!

I'm with para, if touring I like to see the sites take foties etc. way my finances are lookin just now think next my next 'tour' will be camping in the garden and gettin a pushbike to go to the shop/pub. Just when we start being allowed to sell things again the c*nts at the post office go on strike so we don't get paid, B'STURDS.

Depends on when and how much mullah needed---and sod doing miles in a day at 120mph--

-would like beer breaks---errr mean refreshment--

-and if it is Hotel/BB no worries---just like saddling up wiv me cheapo tent and making camp as and when--

---so if peeps, like Korben, are happy to trundle along at their pace I'm all for that--

--I'll keep a look out fer more info from our Illustrious Leader--if that's OK

Looks like we may have two distinct groups. The guys who want to put the miles on at speed and the sight seeing ones who want a more relaxed pace.

Does anyone have any idea of a rough cost. Are we looking at £500 or £1500 or somewhere in between? Just a rough idea would be great.

Think thats paras special pillion friend :lol:

Dang! And I thought no-one knew :oops:

On the topic subject would love to and aim to in the future when kids are a bit older so can look after themselves.

You can dress in a leather kilt whenever you like - don't worry about the kids - they already suspect 8)

Realistically as a broad base, you need to budget on a grand.

Ferry based on four sharing.....£130.00

B and B...based on 2 sharing...£300.00

Petrol....................................£175.00

Food......................................£200.00

Booze, drugs, prostitutes..........£150.00

Based on last years figures for a ten night stay.

200 miles per day average.

Last two are big variables, depends on how bigger a drinker you are!!!!