Hartside Cafe Ride out - Sunday 22nd Aug

Guest WalneyFrankie

Absolutely Foooooooooooooooooked

11 hours 30 mins 299.6 miles Fantastic day out, Brilliant roads views and company.

Nice to to see old faces and meet new ones.

Including "Sidestand Lee" but thats another story.

Thanks Frankie for organising it :cheers:

Had a fantastic day, 270 miles sunny all the time a great ride on great roads.

Sorry I had to leave bb3 glad it wasnt any more than a breakdown...was a bit subdued on the ride home!!

Great day!

Its as much as he should have expected buying an Italian bike and then sticking a can of Tango in the engine :D

I'm sure there's a joke there with a famous advertising slogan...

Brilliant day, excellent roads ridden with some pretty top class people. New starter motor tomorrow should be out in time for the pudding run , great day guy's and gal's excellent route planned Frankie, next time i will take (once i buy it) the HD head camera.

TC: when i left you i was heading for Burnley town centre, i kept seeing signs for the M66 and thought ahh bollox and headed for it instead of going all over the back roads home! I live 4 mile away from the Bury junction hence coming off there.

Great day guy's and gal's excellent route planned Frankie, next time i will take (once i buy it) the HD head camera.

BB

No not you Matt yours was unfortunate. The timing of this one was Brilliant I'm sure BB will come clean :D

No idea what you are on about mate?

:up:

I must admit when you went over Matt i couldn't see you or the bike at first as you was so deep in the grass! Luckily it was just the indicator!

(diversion worked?

No not you Matt yours was unfortunate. The timing of this one was Brilliant I'm sure BB will come clean :D

No idea what you are on about mate?

:up:

I must admit when you went over Matt i couldn't see you or the bike at first as you was so deep in the grass! Luckily it was just the indicator!

(diversion worked?

TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Indicator now fixed, phew!

glad the indicator's fixed!

Ok what TC is referring too is as we had to fuel up to get home this meant i had to remove the key from the ignition to open the petrol cap thus turning the engine off... Which meant i needed a push start, luckily for me there were two lads at the garage who were willing to give me a push - as TC & his little legs - carted himself off to the toilet!! They gave me a bump start and i say there waiting for TC to get dressed. As he was taking so long i put the kickstand down to rest my legs, once he got dressed i put it into gear forgetting the kickstand was still down and of course the engine cut out! So i had to ask the two lads to give me a push again..

Still not as bad as the guy who came pushing his bike in as he had ran out of petrol and his wife came waddling in about 2 4 minutes later looking slightly tired (chubby woman) and peeved off.

Its all down to learning experiences!!

Ok what TC is referring too is as we had to fuel up to get home this meant i had to remove the key from the ignition to open the petrol cap thus turning the engine off... Which meant i needed a push start, luckily for me there were two lads at the garage who were willing to give me a push - as TC & his little legs - carted himself off to the toilet!! They gave me a bump start and i say there waiting for TC to get dressed. As he was taking so long i put the kickstand down to rest my legs, once he got dressed i put it into gear forgetting the kickstand was still down and of course the engine cut out! So i had to ask the two lads to give me a push again..

Still not as bad as the guy who came pushing his bike in as he had ran out of petrol and his wife came waddling in about 2 4 minutes later looking slightly tired (chubby woman) and peeved off.

I wasn't going to mention it :wink: or the the fact that 2 minutes before you said i'll be ok now, i've never stalled it before :lol: Famous last words.

Back on topic. Glad you got home ok Sidestand

ha ha. Nice one. I do the sidestand in gear thing all the time.

Fantastic day, cheers frankie. I can't believe I've lived round here 32 years and I haven't been down some of them roads, not even in the car.

Thanks everyone that turned up, had a great day with some new faces and some new places, Tan Hill is a first for me...

everyone home safe and sound so a good day...

and today we conquered the highest Pass, the Highest cafe, Market town (Alston) and Pub, all in one day...

maybe the southerners can do the lowest.. gauntlet thrown... :mrgreen:

Well I didnt get all excited for nothing :D

Excellent day, superb weather. some new roads some wonderfully familiar ones and the same with the company lol

Thanks again Simon for pulling whole thing together.

How lucky are we to have that quality of scenery and tarmac on our doorsteps.

N Matt you were right....motorway home..big mistake- cant think of much that wasnt hurting by the time I got home lol

Until the next one....cheers guys :wink: