Different bikes for test.

Hi, had a quick check and couldn't find an answer for my question so,

I did my Mod 1 last week on the trainings school ybr 125, I told them i wanted to do the Mod 1 on their ybr and the Mod 2 on my r125 which they said was no problem, I have my Mod 2 on Wednesday so went on the DSA website just having a read through to make sure I have everything i need and revising the questions they ask where it says you have to use the same bike for both modules:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/PracticalTest/DG_178328

Can anyone clarify which is correct (I'm guessing DSA), as training school say one thing, DSA say another.

Cheers,

As I understand it you have to use the same class of bike ie 125cc or 500cc (whichever you chose to do the mod 1 on) for both of the modules....I wouldnt think it means the same actual bike

A module 1 pass certificate doesn't bear the registration number of the bike you used to take it, nor even the make and model - just the class.

It might be worth a call to the DSA just to check, but to insist that it's actually the same machine would be ridiculous... what if you use the school's bike for mod, like most DAS candidates have to, and another student wrecks it before you can do mod 2 on it?

I lost count of the number of different bikes I rode while training - all the same make and model, but of varying ages and conditions.

A module 1 pass certificate doesn't bear the registration number of the bike you used to take it, nor even the make and model - just the class.

It might be worth a call to the DSA just to check, but to insist that it's actually the same machine would be ridiculous... what if you use the school's bike for mod, like most DAS candidates have to, and another student wrecks it before you can do mod 2 on it?

I lost count of the number of different bikes I rode while training - all the same make and model, but of varying ages and conditions.

It just has to be the same class so Mod two can be taken on any 125 that fits the requirments

Well i passed, so no more L plates for me :D

1 minor, and thats cos I was cut up by a car who didnt bother checking next to them before swapping lanes, I put the breaks on and got a minor as he said I should of been more aware and gone in the lane next to me when he put his indicators on. Not complaining tho :D

Well i passed, so no more L plates for me :D

1 minor, and thats cos I was cut up by a car who didnt bother checking next to them before swapping lanes, I put the breaks on and got a minor as he said I should of been more aware and gone in the lane next to me when he put his indicators on. Not complaining tho :D

Excellent well Done :cheers: