so what ear plugs would people recommend then?

tried a few so far, just ordered some Howard Leight Max. 10 pairs for £2 or so, guess it doesn't matter if i don't like them for that price

tried a few so far, just ordered some Howard Leight Max. 10 pairs for £2 or so, guess it doesn't matter if i don't like them for that price

i use those, they are brilliant! best ear plugs i've ever used, buy them in bulk off ebay.

if you find those uncomfortable though, then try the howard leight laser lite, slightly smaller and softer.

Alpine Motosafe.

Semi-permanent (reusable but i have been through a couple of pairs over a few years under heavy usage and poor care).

Much cheaper than custom-fit, but one day i know i'm going to get one pair of custom-fit for £££ and just be done with re-buying every so often.

Mark them left and right so if you have an ear infection it won't spread to the other ear.

I had some of those ear classic foam one's from the RAF and they were good but uncomfortable (a bit hard) so I use soft ones which are ok or earphones (nokia) which also work well.

i use those, they are brilliant! best ear plugs i've ever used, buy them in bulk off ebay.

:stupid: :stupid: I use those as well. the best ones i've found

Don't use 'em much. Can't get on with them. PARDONhttp://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z28/Colin_the_bear/smiley-music006.gif

It's quite hilly round here and the varying pressures give me earache with plugs in. I too have a bagful from work.

Stopping up your ears doesn't give you 100% protection from noise damage as a recent test showed a lot of wind noise and low frequencies come through the skull and jaw bone. 8-)

I use these as they are on a cord so you are less likely to drop them and the bit sticking out the middle means you do not need to touch the part that goes in your ear.

http://www.protecdirect.co.uk/images/products/ULTRAFIT.jpg

I get mine from work.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bwMR2HF2zIU/TVLpfvLnocI/AAAAAAAAAhg/H8KWat29aX8/s1600/big_pics_foam_ear_plugs%255B1%255D.jpg

is that cos your a yorkshire man and ya wont put your hand in ya pocket :mrgreen:

Alpine Motosafe.

Semi-permanent (reusable but i have been through a couple of pairs over a few years under heavy usage and poor care).

Much cheaper than custom-fit, but one day i know i'm going to get one pair of custom-fit for £££ and just be done with re-buying every so often.

:stupid:

I can get the Laser Lites for free off a pal of mine, just thought I'd try some others.

Came home yesterday to find the oh standing with a bag saying my delivery had come, checked the bag and only 5 pairs. on further inspection and after asking the beloved where the envelope was, seems that one of the lads in the pub must've shoved a few pairs through the door for me 8-)

who says generosity's dead?