What music have you been listening to recently?

Guest Legatron

Porcupine Tree... Meeting their drummer on the 10th :D

Seen them live twice. Just brilliant - and perfect for revision music, cheers! Why/how are you meeting their drummer? :D

Do you like Anathema? They supported Porcupine tree at one of the gigs I went to (had already heard of them before it), gorgeous moosic - my favourite song of theirs:

Seen them live twice. Just brilliant - and perfect for revision music, cheers! Why/how are you meeting their drummer? :D

Do you like Anathema? They supported Porcupine tree at one of the gigs I went to (had already heard of them before it), gorgeous moosic - my favourite song of theirs:

That's some good music right there. I'll have to remember then when I next need some chilled out music!

And he's doing a drum clinic (basically a lecture) near me. Couldn't not go! I'd love to see PT live one day. Next time they're around these parts of the world I'm going to have to see them. :)

One of the best bands ever....in my humble opinion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... PE9uSFFxrI

They used to be my favourite band, but their last two albums haven't phased me :( Absolution and Origins of Symmetry were cracking albums. :D Great live though. Saw them on their resistance tour. They put on one heluva show.

anyone into Joe Bonamassa?

I was in Borders bookshop one day a few years ago, before the internet and crap management killed it. Anyway They had music playing over the system and when I asked who it was they told me Joe Bonamassa, Liver from Nowhere in Particular CD.

Went and bought the CD, This guy is the best blues guitarist I have ever heard. I then went to see him at Manchester UNi, and then again a year later at Rhyl. Got up real close to him on stage. If you get a chance to look him up do so.

Now he’s big time, played Royal Albert Hall and big big gigs. Harder and more expensive to get a ticket but I love it when you see somewhere in the early days of their fame.

Also miss that pastime of browsing in music shops and discovering new music.

anyone into Joe Bonamassa?

I was in Borders bookshop one day a few years ago, before the internet and crap management killed it. Anyway They had music playing over the system and when I asked who it was they told me Joe Bonamassa, Liver from Nowhere in Particular CD.

Went and bought the CD, This guy is the best blues guitarist I have ever heard. I then went to see him at Manchester UNi, and then again a year later at Rhyl. Got up real close to him on stage. If you get a chance to look him up do so.

Now he’s big time, played Royal Albert Hall and big big gigs. Harder and more expensive to get a ticket but I love it when you see somewhere in the early days of their fame.

Also miss that pastime of browsing in music shops and discovering new music.

Saw Joe a few years back at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.......we were right near the front......got some pics on my phone but can't put them on here coz it don't like the file extension...... :roll:

Yes i'm a bonamassa fan, Heard him a couple of times on the planet rock radio station and just thought wow, this guys good. looked him up online and i enjoy pretty much all of his music.

On the heavier side of things, Ive been listening to Soilwork's latest (not sure if greatest but its a very heated debate) The Living Infinite double album. there really isnt much filler on it considering its a double album. though it did take them 3 years to release. Incredible songwriting and performance throughout the entire thing. listened to something from the album at least once a day since its release.

Killswitch Engage's new album Disarm the Descent is playing at the moment, really enjoying it. Like soilwork its a return to old form and its great!

Sevendust's Black Out the Sun is the other newish one for me, its a start in the right direction after their last few albums not being as good but its still not quite there, just a few minor tweaks missing that would make it a great album.

I recently saw Madness live on TV for the closing of the BBC Television Centre and since then have bought both their live album and live Madstock DVD and have been listening and watching these quiet often. Amongst other I have also been listening to AC/DC 's Soul Stripper .

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmR0gkojHDs

Tesseracts new album "Altered State"

debatebly the pioneers of the "djent" genre tesseract have had a few changes in the lineup over the past few years and this album is much more mellow and atmospheric, its awesome music though and im really enjoying it!

• 4 weeks later...

I have only just started listening to Miles Kane and really impressed by the new album "Don't forget who you are". Been a while since an artist has done that in terms of whole album for me. Had alisten of his first one from 2011 but not as good for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... j5RKp0inTw