fazer1000 intermitent limiter??doh

fazerboy

my 1000 has started playing up...grr get to about 80 some times more sometimes less around 5000 6000 revs,its stuttering and sort of cuts out until at a lower speed and then picks up only to do the same thin again..off the france at end of month so need it sorting...any ideas? :cry:

The faster the engine revs , the more fuel it draws. You have enough getting through for 5k but no more. Could be a partialy blocked in line filter or kinked fuel line. 8-)

I have the same issue with a CBR400. It won't go above 8k revs. The airbox is broken and doesn't quite connect on 2 carbs, would that cause it?

The faster the engine revs , the more fuel it draws. You have enough getting through for 5k but no more. Could be a partialy blocked in line filter or kinked fuel line. 8-)

Or blocked fuel tank breather.

It happens at all gears at around 5/6000 revs it doesnt go to 7000 and come back down...i actually had it too 100 but I wound on a little bit more and wosh down it came again.ive not had it out much latley...im wounderin if I got a mouse in the airbox or something as ive had the seat off and left it

It happens at all gears at around 5/6000 revs it doesnt go to 7000 and come back down...i actually had it too 100 but I wound on a little bit more and wosh down it came again.ive not had it out much latley...im wounderin if I got a mouse in the airbox or something as ive had the seat off and left it

Yeah...check your airbox and filter. Could have any manner of stuff in there!!

Have you put any Comms/sat nav equipment under the seat.

There is a lovely little compartment under the seat to fit it all into. However the whole compartment has to be left empty to provide enough air flow for the intake.

Well funny you should say that....i just disconnected the hardwire for a tomtom rider and removed some wires destined to be used on some heated grips...but ive attatched a cigarette lighter attatchment....would this have affected it?

The electrical side of things shouldn't have made any difference, where you put the cig ligher attachment might have. Here's a couple of pics of mine....

The opening is the intake to the air filter

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee79/7vwh/stuff/CIMG3245.jpg

From above it looks like a small storage space, anything stuffed down there will affect the intake.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee79/7vwh/stuff/CIMG3246.jpg

Well got under the seat and cig lighter was in the air box appateur...moved it and low n behold woooosh off it went..so popped over too jordans and put it on the dyno...a healthy 118 bhp and 156 in fith...im happy. Cheers all....:-D