World of Warcraft

GarethNW

Anyone else play World of Warcraft and specifically are you raiding Firelands at this time?

This is a topic for people who do play it, not a topic where ppl who have no idea what there talking about say things like "I have better things to do with my life" (yeah like watch the soaps, ofc you do :)

I am currently 6/7hm on Darksorrow and we got Hm Rag to 10% last night.

Anyone else out there a raider?

PS Gin! wheres ur priest

Used to play a holy pala, did Ulduar hard modes on release (well think we were 4th in the world) but yeh yogg surong etc...

but yeh kind of stoped after playign 24/7 and got a bike ;)

good luck with ur rolls though

Anyone else play World of Warcraft and specifically are you raiding Firelands at this time?

I play periodically, but I get bored. I usually play solo, so don't do raiding.

Haven't played in the last 3 months or so. Got a couple of chars to 85 and got our guild to 1,000 members then lost interest. Only time I load the game now is if I'm botting :wink:

There's so much more to life!

Not if you get involved with the social/lan party side of things rather being a solo player.

I have met people & have friends from all over the world thanks to online gaming, wish i had more time to play recently.

Agreed. I think it was the guild I was in that kept me in WoW for as long as it did.

I joined a fairly serious raiding guild early TBC, first raid was Gruul, and left them when we were working on last boss in Twilight Bastion 'coz I just couldn't stand the pally tank any more :) We did quite well managing to keep up with the raid progress, we managed all the drake meta-achievements through WotLK and had done all but LK on heroic when patch 4.0 came out.

I quit the game very shortly after, suddenly I couldn't find any enthusiasm for the game, having raided I couldn't face just running 5 man heroics for evermore, alting didn't really appeal, it would just be the same quests over and over, so I drifted away.

The guys in the guild made it though. We had annual get togethers around Europe, last one I went to was in Warsaw which was great fun.

Makes me kind of mad when ppl make comments about how "there are better things to do with life"

As some of you have said I also have met some really good friends from all over the world and we meet up as often as we can.

For me I was working in a factory when I left school and because of been a gaming fanatic I ended up starting a business with someone already in the know and started my career in IT.

It may not be everyone’s cup of tea but it can be a good thing.

Most idiots that loose themselves in games would only do the same with something else. In my experience idiots are just idiots.

Gary as for Pandas! dont get me started!

I think wow dies for me when I kill Death wing

Guild wars 2 anyone?

Makes me kind of mad when ppl make comments about how "there are better things to do with life"

As some of you have said I also have met some really good friends from all over the world and we meet up as often as we can.

For me I was working in a factory when I left school and because of been a gaming fanatic I ended up starting a business with someone already in the know and started my career in IT.

It may not be everyone’s cup of tea but it can be a good thing.

Most idiots that loose themselves in games would only do the same with something else. In my experience idiots are just idiots.

Gary as for Pandas! dont get me started!

I think wow dies for me when I kill Death wing

Guild wars 2 anyone?

A quick precursor stopped wow 2months after cataclysm release cos cata = gear score/raid achieve whoring to the max.. and went to my old love EQ! previous to that i played since pre TBC release, with a few breaks here and there.

As for the Pandaren damn f**in right they should not be in the game as a race they should stay in Warcraft 3 where they belong as a joke and no more! Blizz must really be running outta shit for the game...

GW2 i will be all over it... for now if any of u MMO'ers are gameless jump aboard the EQ2 bandwagon, name Declinis freeport server.

And in response to a couple of the MMO basher comments i must say the mad hour i put into wow i dont regret at all! haasnt stopped me travelling going out and doing what is consider normal... but i have in addition experienced the mmo experiance... So by my count that is a 1-0 score for me against the there more to life club :mrgreen:

Used to play WoW but stopped a while back. Hosted a private server or two in the past aswell and i kinda miss mmorpgs now. EQ was the best though, i loved playing that, give me some KEI !!

If there was a new mmorpg on the horizon, i dare say i'd get sucked back in.

.. PS.. well said Gareth

I use to play through WOTLK and a bit of Cataclysm,

I had a lvl 85 Fury warr and 85 Blood DK

I stopped when my guild kept failing on Magmaw, first boss of the raid.....

However those Kung Fu Pandas do look awesome, Monk was always my favourite class from the Final Fantasy Series.

I would prefer it if they had 2 man and 4 man raids, you know. Or maybe even a solo Raid

I use to love trying to solo ICC with my 85 Blood :D

I would prefer it if they had 2 man and 4 man raids, you know. Or maybe even a solo Raid

I use to love trying to solo ICC with my 85 Blood :D

Tabula Rasa had instances that scaled to the party size. That was one excellent game.

Solo instance runs get a bit boring.... when you run your own server and have GM mode :lol:

Tabula Rasa had instances that scaled to the party size. That was one excellent game.

True True, i really enjoyed it but i think they dropped the ball in two key area, crafting and the auto-targeting. Otherwise i thought it was a great game. And in fact rift actually has the tabula rasa concept of dynamic territories in it.. but rift is poo.. sooooo dull.

been playin wow since vanila! currently sitting on veknalish realm - 7 level 85's (tanks and dps) - loved all expansions except Cata, thought it was a bit of a mess and well the forthcoming kung fu pandas and pokemon doesnt exactly have me on the edge of my seat...not to mention the horror they're doing with the talent tree :(

Can you say desperate?

Chatting to my dad last night (who also plays WoW.... my fault unfortunately) and he said they were doing an offer buy a year's subscription to WoW and get Diablo 3 free (when it comes out) and guaranteed access to the next expansion beta.

Sounds like a desperate move to tie you in to something, doesn't it?

wow 11 million subscriptions right now (yes they have lost a mil in the last few months)

Most other mmos dont get to 2 million subs and none get anywhere near wow.

They will market the game to sell the most subs and this is just another in a long line of ways to part you from your money.

I myself will be killing Deathwing when he hits in 2/3 weeks and then my days in wow will be numbered I feel

Well if you pay £96 for the years subs to wow and then get Diablo for free you have paid more than if you just buy Diablo.

If your a Diablo player then you wont be paying your sub to wow while your immersed in D3

so I think its a calculated decision that will increase the profits by a small % and therefore makes it worth while.

I’m guessing but they wont be doing it to loose money.

Yeh i will admit, there is an air of desperation about it, ok 11mil + subs is a heck of allot, but thats built up over many years - i suspect they are seeing more complaints, more issues and a limited appeal due to the heart of the engine being based on something written over five years ago - a few years back i played Age of Conan when it came out - ok apart from the massive amount of bugs, it was fantastic graphics, some nice touches, better music scores than wow too - think it was the bugs that eventually drove me away, but it just goes to show that the technology blizz are using to run wow has a limited runtime - there will come a day when it just wont cut it for the players i think and suspect Bliz know this too, hence throwing in diablo, the mount and access to the next beta, etc ( and from a perspective of someone who was on the beta for Cata - its not worth doing - you ruin all the fun for yourself when the end version of the expansion gets released ) - in the back of my mind, i cant help think Blizz are working on wow v2 so to say - tbh what with the success of wow, they'd be mad not to invest in a new engine.