Every death on every road in Great Britain 1999-2010

Green

yes, I picked it up today as well - you can programme the results for motorbike riders only. Some might think it a bit goulish but I found it helpful to look at incidents local to me and understand the conditions in which each poor soul met their maker. First thing that was clear to me of the ones I looked at nearby was that the majority happened when it was raining or worse.

Interesting because being" in the Job" so to speak, I know about most of these incidents and out of the 5 fatal bike crashes in my area since 1999.... 1 was on a stolen motorbike and 2 were racing and driving like complete knobs so I count that as 2 innocently killed while riding a motorbike.

Infact more cyclists and pedestrians were killed so its less likely to happen on a motorbike

Makes me feel a whole lot safer thanks :)

Yet will also notice that 100% of them involved a vehicle of some sort so there's your answer to how deaths on the roads happen!

not so - some were sole bike rider, some were 2 or 3 bikes out together.

A solo rider is still a vehicle!

Every time you get someone spouting statistics about, how terrible the increase in traffic accidents over the last 2, or the last 4/5 years,

the one relevant fact that they always miss & never quote is the rise & increase of the number of vehicles over the same period,,

don't get me wrong, any accident is someones pain or death' but you can't always point the finger at the driver/rider, round my way there are still potholes from last winter 12 to 18" across & about 3" deep, ready to give any biker a trip to A&E, and don't forget about 40% of the roads are the same ones that your great granddad's were riding round on in their austin ruby's & t,fords

Every time you get someone spouting statistics about, how terrible the increase in traffic accidents over the last 2, or the last 4/5 years,

the one relevant fact that they always miss & never quote is the rise & increase of the number of vehicles over the same period,,

Absolutely agree RT......how have road deaths as a precentage of the number of vehicles on the roads changed over the years? You would probably expect the percentage to increase in line with an increase in the number of vehicles on the road....but I suspect this is not the case.

Personally I dont see why any normal person would want to know this, and by normal I mean if it isnt for any kind of job or research.

I dont agree with this.

When i can see my local commute route has had of over 6 deaths not to mention injurys in the last decade it gives me a very differant sense of perspective and a little more food for thought when traveling said route.Especially when the majority include heavy goods vehicles and motorbikes!

Personally I dont see why any normal person would want to know this, and by normal I mean if it isnt for any kind of job or research.

I dont agree with this.

When i can see my local commute route has had of over 6 deaths not to mention injurys in the last decade it gives me a very differant sense of perspective and a little more food for thought when traveling said route.Especially when the majority include heavy goods vehicles and motorbikes!

I said personally and personally I would rather go out not already had the fear of god put in me by a whole over 6 ( is that 7 or a million deaths) over a decade.

We dont need food for thought we know were vulnerable, we understand the pitfalls but if you go out with this attitude then how can you relax, you dont know what or how these accidents occoured just that they did.

This info is imo useless, accidents happen, people get hurt doing everything from the mundane to the bizzare.

So on that we shall just agree to disagree..

It tells me I am better off commuting to Paisley than to Greenock as there is a cluster of accidents on the way to Greenock. It also tells me I am better off heading north via Strathblane rather than past the famous biker pub at Carbeth.

Yet will also notice that 100% of them involved a vehicle of some sort so there's your answer to how deaths on the roads happen!

A solo rider is still a vehicle!

in that case, I don't understand why you would want to post your first reply - were you thinking the statistics ought to include pedestrians walking in the middle of the road?? :?

A solo rider is still a vehicle

in that case, I don't understand why you would want to post your first reply - were you thinking the statistics ought to include pedestrians walking in the middle of the road?? :?

I think the sarcasm didnt come across too well :wink:

I dont agree with this.

I said personally and personally I would rather go out not already had the fear of god put in me by a whole over 6 ( is that 7 or a million deaths) over a decade.

We dont need food for thought we know were vulnerable, we understand the pitfalls but if you go out with this attitude then how can you relax, you dont know what or how these accidents occoured just that they did.

This info is imo useless, accidents happen, people get hurt doing everything from the mundane to the bizzare.

So on that we shall just agree to disagree..

Yeh yeh i know what you mean.... at the end of the day it comes down to chance.

Sometimes were so busy looking out for the mad dash boy racer that we dont see the grand piano fall from the sky. :crybaby:

A solo rider is still a vehicle

I think the sarcasm didnt come across too well :wink:

sorry Techno - it may seem sarcastic but truth is, i'm just confused is all.. was it meant as a joke then? :!:

the point i was making is all accidents involve atleast one vehicle

the one you are driving/riding so 100% of accidents include atleast one vehicle the person who has the crash

ask yourself this: When are you most likely to have an accident involving a vehicle?...

answer: When you are in charge of a vehicle

so based on that statistic we are at fault fro driving/riding etc :mrgreen: