Mileage check please? Bidding on Item :)_

Karimura

Hey,

Just a quickie, is 55,000 miles on a Kawasaki ER 5 Grey 2000 A4 Model lots?

Just that it is selling at a nice price, and woudnt mind having as a start bike :P just seeing it still has a bit of running if I look after it, as I dont wanna buy it knowing 2 minutes later it brakes down every 2 seconds

Guest philgale
walk away! too high!

that depends on price surely? if its £500 take a punt can strip it and sell it in bits if its not right and make your money back easy, if its £2500 walk away...

as long as the price reflects the milage, and TBH i would guess its been serviced well as a motorcycle school won't want a bike of the road due to poor maintenance, will cost them more than a service.

Ok cheers, it has had 1 owner, was owned by a motorbike school. Should this affect it?

It has full mot

It will have been well serviced as said above, yes it will have been abused a bit but if you can remember back to your/our test i was realy ginger with the bikes so it should be ok, best thing is to go and look at it, i would never buy any vehicle without looking at it first?

Guest philgale
:stupid:

go take a look at it

it doesnt matter if its been dropped as long as its all straight

with the crash protection its got on it you could high side at 150mph and it would be fine :lol:

all bikes get dropped, especially if its your first bike you will end up dropping it yourself so why not get one thats already been dropped then it makes no difference if you do.

Hey,

Just a quickie, is 55,000 miles on a Kawasaki ER 5 Grey 2000 A4 Model lots?

Just that it is selling at a nice price, and woudnt mind having as a start bike :P just seeing it still has a bit of running if I look after it, as I dont wanna buy it knowing 2 minutes later it brakes down every 2 seconds

£500 for a year's biking?

Take someone to see if it'll last, offer a good couple of hundred less then ride it for 12 months.

You can always eBay all of the parts next year and possibly run a profit from it.

Cheers guys,

Yeah it is that auction one. It's next town over so easy to go to, just been texting the seller about the realbility, I'll try get a price down if I think its in good nick next week before buying.

:cheers:

I've just bought an old ER-5 and hope it gets to 55,000 miles!!!!

When i was training one of the trainers said to me that ER5's were like Land Rovers, They just go on and on.

They had ER5's and new XJ?6 yamaha's, He said when the students fall off the ER5 you just pick it up, adjust the levers back to normal and ride off, with the more modern bike he said that everything just breaks and needs to be replaced.

So even if it has been dropped there shouldn't be much damage.

And the clutch has been abused, it's been dropped loadsa times and they are selling it coz it ain't worth repairing. walk away :mrgreen: IMO :mrgreen:

This.

Unless you are happy to cut your losses the second reliability issues start (which could be immediate) and sell on the parts / get another one and keep it for spares.

Even that most solid of newbie twins, the CB500, can be thoroughly shagged out at just 45K. Ask me how i know :lol:

For god's sake don't keep sinking money into it. It'll potentially eat thousands of pounds of parts, and still be unreliable!

Damage is easily spotted, wear isn't. I likes a cheap rat to contrast with the bling starship. It is what it is and that's all it is. 8-)

Absolutely.

A compression test, a quick blat and just a few notes to buy.

All that's left is to chop off the rear subframe and spray it all matt black :D