UK Challenge 100 Discussion 2012

TC

Moffat to Selkirk is brilliant. The first part is narrow and up and down and then it levels out for the sports bikers. I was overtaken by one doing huge speed and saw him get his knee down at the next corner as he disappeared into the distance. Thats not for me, but it does look impressive. I really enjoyed the run from Selkirk past the Tibetan place and on to Langholm. This is one trip I will do again and it is because of the Challenge 100

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Mof ... 2&t=m&z=10

TC and Silverspring :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
we really liked the road to the glen cafe too. all the roads round moffat seem good.

Ah, home. I learned to ride on those roads - its a hard life sometimes :wink:

yeah man , roads there are good :lol: , but western highlands are magical, especially in the weather of last week,

hopefully, while i was there, gained all scot tags,

must check , so many places! :!:

Congratulations to Rushwind on completing all the Scottish Challenges.

How did you enjoy the road to Rannoch station mate. Its quite lonely in places :D

Congratulations to Rushwind on completing all the Scottish Challenges.

How did you enjoy the road to Rannoch station mate. Its quite lonely in places :D

It was a bit like riding around St Marys Loch , only better :D

the only drawback was that I wasnt sure if my fuel would last, so had to ride very frugally until back to Pitlochry,

which meant I couldnt stop for pictures of the marvellous scenery!

Well done Rushwind. :cheers: My next attempt to do the final up north tags is at the end of July.

thanks bud,,,,,,,,,,( pick a 'no rain' time, lol)

i fancy a trip bak there, maybe oban or so

Throttled wrote:

Whoever suggested The Glen Cafe and the Tibetan place should get an award, the roads are superb

Glen Cafe was little Ol me

Tibetan centre was Silverspring

TBH i have been impressed with quite a few of the places that members have put forward. Places where i would never of gone to normally

Can't believe I didn't stop to take a photo of this place! i even stayed at the Buccleah Arms on Monday night after 3 days riding around scotland, I got the Green Welly and the Commando memorial but did not have internet coverage to check the others! That ride on the A708 to Selkirk was a great road but had to be careful of the sheep on the first part.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is going up to the manor cafe be careful, they've resurfaced the road with that crappy gravel and it's all over the place

it's spread quite a way either side of the work too

and i got stuck in york coming back from there yesterday - lucky me caught the flippin olympic flame going through!

serves me right for missing the ring road exit and going through the middle :mrgreen:

filled up near home then rode to Anglesey, got off the bike to take a photo but found that I've lost my topbox key somewhere between the petrol station and Anglesey( about a 60 mile trip)

• 2 weeks later...