CG 125 Wont Start, Minute ago!

Karimura

Hi, I've finally road worthy for around 4 days,

Last two days it doesnt start up, so yesterday I had to (with a friend) run up and down the street to jump start it, which worked then went around cruising.

Today it happened again, what happens is that it starts, can rev a bit but if you let go it doesnt tick over and dies, then wont start again. but lights n that come on so not battery

Yesterday though I forgot to put choke on the right one. But today I forgot to put the fuel to ON,

Questions are:

Do I left the Fuel Petcock to 'ON' if using everyday,

Do I click the choke to up to turn bike on, then off to ride?

What is the problem with my bike lol, just dead : (, Shall I left the fuel to on for a bit to let it soak in? but leave the choke off? then put choke on to try and start her up?

Hahaa i hope someone replies, otherwise i'll cry as its the bloody weekend! :mrgreen:

turn the fuel to the on position beore you try and start the bike i would only turn the fuel to the off position overnight,are you sure you are not getting low on fuel and need to put the fuel tap into the reserve position if you do and it runs better then get to garage fill up with fuel and turn fuel tap back to ON otherwise next time you run out of fuel you will be pushing it to the garage. choke should only need to be used when bike is cold i.e first start up of the day put it into the on position start the bike up and slowly move choke lever back to the off position after a minute or two.

also, I remember that those engines are sensitive to the choke position so only use full choke when it's stone cold and experiment with the position until it will idle (unless something else wrong with basic settings/condition). Also, the idle speed on warm up can make the engine peter out once on the road and fully warmed up, so be aware that you need to turn it off when appropriate.

If it's like BonnieBird's daughters CG the choke needs to go up 2 clicks to full on....start the bike and almost immediately take it down 1 click....leave it in this position for around a minute...then choke all the way down and you should be good to ride it. She leaves the fuel tap on all the time.....doesn't seem to cause any problems.....but could if the float sticks in the carb.

Good Luck

Right mate. Start bike from cold by making sure fuel tap (petcock) is on or open.Operate choke lever/pusher, use NO THROTTLE. Start bike and allow to tickover for five minutes. Reduce choke until it ticks over without revs falling or rising. Ride bike. If bike won't start when hot, without choke and with a good battery , you are not getting enough fuel into engine or the spark isn't good enough to burn it.Check spark plug or fit a new one and see if there's an improvement. Good luck, alan. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Start with full choke and set off straight away and close choke as you are driving along.

I don't have a CG but there's no way my bike would go if you did that, it would cut out as soon as you opened the throttle!

Plus the fact that the choke lever is in such an awkward place it's difficult to find when riding.

Mine is like Megawatt said - full choke, start bike & leave to run WITHOUT touching throttle, then less choke as the revs pick up on their own.

Start with full choke and set off straight away and close choke as you are driving along.

I don't have a CG but there's no way my bike would go if you did that, it would cut out as soon as you opened the throttle!

Plus the fact that the choke lever is in such an awkward place it's difficult to find when riding.

Mine is like Megawatt said - full choke, start bike & leave to run WITHOUT touching throttle, then less choke as the revs pick up on their own.

You're actually supposed to rev the CG125 a little bit on choke as the choke adjustment doesn't increase the idle speed which is very unusual for a choke mechanism. I used to find mine often didn't need choke at all though, and even when it did revving proved unnecessary.

And there's no need to turn petrol taps off on modern bikes. Leave it on.