Peugeot elyseo 100cc doesnt start

lib87

hello everyone..

My name is yigit. In my life i never ever ride a bike before.. But despite of that i just bought a bike. Im a student in here so i found a cheap bike from gumtree.. The guy who sell the bike told me there is no battery so at the moment you cannot try the bike is it working or not but its working he said..

I bought the bike push from his house to mine about 7 km ( It was really hard) anyway after few days i get a new battery for it but It didnt work..

I try to push start first it keep try engine with that noise you know like jınn jınn hjınnnn then it didnt work so i stop trying... I try while im pushing button i give some gas aswell but notting happend...

I tried kick start but it didnt work at all.. It didnt even make noise...

So at the moment i have a motorbike which doesnt work ...

Signals and lights are working..

Petrol is almost full and oil enough i believe...

Now i will go to Band Q and get some tool and i will check inside of the bike ...

But can anyone tell me what is the wrong can be ?

I try to push start first it keep try engine with that noise you know like jınn jınn hjınnnn

^^ That's incredible!! :lol:

Try a new spark plug...

Don't buy a bike in future without seeing it running..

I try to push start first it keep try engine with that noise you know like jınn jınn hjınnnn

^^ That's incredible!! :lol:

Try a new spark plug...

Don't buy a bike in future without seeing it running..

So you think its bcz of spark plug .. Ok i will buy a new one and try it

oh btw where do you suggest me to buy that from ?

You need to remove the spark plug and see if it is wet from fuel....if it is then you are getting fuel into the combustion chamber....so the problem may be the spark. But if the spark plug is dry, then you have a problem with the carburetor or fuel injection or the supply of fuel to them. If the plug was wet, try starting the bike with the plug out but with the HT cap connected and the body of the spark plug touching the engine cases or frame and see if you have a spark. If there is no spark it could be the plug is faulty, or the coil, CDI, or a general electrical issue.

Good Luck..... :wink:

If he sold it to you as working apart from a battery, he was trying it on, and I would go straight back round and ask for your money back as it was not as he described! Where are you based? Maybe someone local who knows there stuff could have a look?

Matt

im in london e11 4eu. I tried to contact to him again but he didnt answer i will try it again. I will take off the spark soon i dont have the right tools at the moment.Thanks for the answers

It would be awesome actually if someone can come to my house and check it out. If they can fix it i can even pay for it a bit. I found the spark plug but i donno how can i take it off from engine i need tools...

Try not to spend any money until you know what's actually wrong, I hate to say it, but it sounds like you have been sold a duffer. Don't waste money on new parts that you don't KNOW are not working, in case it has a catastrophic fault somewhere. Saying that, everything is fixable, but it depends what it will cost to mend.

I still think you need to get some big mates and go round to the house you collected it from to askl politely for your money back!!! :evil:

the thing is bike is old and i knew it didnt used like 3 or 4 months so its likely to have problems i guess.. I like the bike its big and pretty :) I just wanna know what is the problem so i can fix it cuz i bought the bike only with 200 paunds thats all

Have you got a friend who knows about bikes who could take a look?

It could be almost anything!

As Tango said, you need to go through things methodically.

Have you got a spark? is fuel getting through? etc etc.

has it got a kill switch? side stand cut out switch?

Good luck! :lol:

goddd. :D i have friends they will check tomorow. I got spark and i bought new one aswell so i need tool only. I got lots of tools but not that one this one is a bit different .. Where do you live can you not come ? :/

goddd. :D i have friends they will check tomorow. I got spark and i bought new one aswell so i need tool only. I got lots of tools but not that one this one is a bit different .. Where do you live can you not come ? :/

Are you sure you have bought the right spark plug?

Are you sure you have bought the right spark plug?

good question. I think it was labeled as peugeot elyseo 100 .. So i must be the right one.. Otherwise i can send it back :) thanks to ebay :)

:lol: no I live hundreds of miles away! nice try! :lol:

ok I've had a look on the net.

It's a single cylinder, 2 stroke, twist and go.

you won't start it by pushing it!

You need to make sure it's got petrol and 2 stroke oil first.

when you say nothing happens when you try the kick start

what do you mean? does the engine turn over? or is the kick start solid?

If it's solid you have a big problem!

If it turns over then you need to get a spark plug spanner and take the plug out

like Tango said.

Get back to us and we'll try to help.

If there is a "kill switch" on the handlebars make sure it's in the run position.

Does it have a fuel tap? if so make sure it's on.

You do know that you can't ride it on the road without

passing your CBT? and having Tax and Insurance?

and you need a helmet. :lol:

If you're going to a training school to do your CBT

ask there, they may be able to help you out with

getting the bike to go.

ok I've had a look on the net.

It's a single cylinder, 2 stroke, twist and go.

you won't start it by pushing it!

You need to make sure it's got petrol and 2 stroke oil first.

when you say nothing happens when you try the kick start

what do you mean? does the engine turn over? or is the kick start solid?

If it's solid you have a big problem!

If it turns over then you need to get a spark plug spanner and take the plug out

like Tango said.

Get back to us and we'll try to help.

If there is a "kill switch" on the handlebars make sure it's in the run position.

Does it have a fuel tap? if so make sure it's on.

Thanks for relpy.

It has a blue button which when you hold brake and push that button it send electric i guess to the spark plug. Like i said in the begining it makes noise when i press them. I try to give it some gas(turn arm down a bit) but notting happend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF17AI3H ... ure=relmfu

Like this bike he tries first but it didnt react. Then he give some gas then it worked but for mine it didnt even worked after i gave gas..Its got full petrol and 60 percent of oil so i think they are enough...

For kick start I push that metalic arm as hard as ppossible while i brake (red light turn on on the back) but not even a voice come out of it ... Maybe today at night or tommorow morning i can make a video and put to youtube so you can actually see ..

I finally manage the took it off. I was dry i believe but im not 100 percent sure.. It smell petrol.. And its too dirty.. I dont know if its working or not is there any way that i can test this ?

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/428/photo3od.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2355/photo2bju.jpg

It better man you buy manual it have instructions how to mend and that innit. It have pics and drwings and even tell you wat tools to buy.

It hard to fix sumink if you dunt know how it werks.

You know any adults. They good at fixin stuff and know things. 8-)

Helooooooooo

I have a good news. Today my spark plug arrive and i took it to bike and IT WORKKKKKKKKKK.. :D IT WORKING GREAT..

Still i have few problems.. Actually questions not problems.

First the exousht gives too much smoke .. Is it normal ?

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5395/img0399hd.jpg

second is if i turn it on and wait after a while it stop working by itself..

and the last one is spark plug sit in to engine like that so its not exactly center.. But still its working..

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2452/img0398bn.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5900/img0397f.jpg

It's a 2 stroke....so it will smoke....a lot. Do you have a carbon monoxide alarm in your house/flat....if not you may want to consider installing one.... :lol:

The plug not sitting central is not an issue if the bike is running. If it runs on after turning the ignition off it may indicate a carbon build-up in the combustion chamber which may need a decoke......but I don't think you need to worry too much about that at the moment..... :wink:

It's a 2 stroke....so it will smoke....a lot. Do you have a carbon monoxide alarm in your house/flat....if not you may want to consider installing one.... :lol:

The plug not sitting central is not an issue if the bike is running. If it runs on after turning the ignition off it may indicate a carbon build-up in the combustion chamber which may need a decoke......but I don't think you need to worry too much about that at the moment..... :wink:

Yea now i start taking it apart... I took off even the front tier but i couldnt took of front panels.. The screw mounts is circle now so i cannot take it off so i donno how can i paint that parts.. And i need cheap fiber glass :/ a lot of broken part ...

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3923/img0402aw.jpg

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6261/img0401om.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4161/img0400do.jpg

here you :D i will clean all this mess hopefully

and btw. What if i stop on the lights and it stop i have to start it again and again. Is it normal that it stop itself if im not touching it while its working? OR is there something wrong ?

If it cuts out on its own you have a problem. Could be fuel starvation....try running it for a bit with the filler cap open just in case it's a problem with the tank breather.