Preppingthe bike for TMBF Rally

borgy95

I don't intend to be that guy who has everything go wrong! Esp on my first one... the only thing that will be stopping me riding on saturday is booze abuse. :cheers:

So i've started doing some checks to make sure the fundamentals are covered. You guys mind chiming in where i've missed things worth giving a once over.

Fluids: Engine Oil, Coolant, Braking fluid

Drive chain: clean chain/sprockets/ relube

Tires: air/thread

Electrics: check major connections, spot of wd40.

Brakes: are they working or not - got to work ok this morning so im assuming they do :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Generally the bike is super reliable, but thought it worth asking incase there are a couple of bits i haven't considered, given a few hundred miles will be covered over the w/e.

Don't leave it too late mate, Don't wanna create any problems like leaking sump plugs or spongy brakes the day before. Ideally have it all sorted tonight or tomorrow night? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I don't intend to be that guy who has everything go wrong! Esp on my first one... the only thing that will be stopping me riding on saturday is booze abuse. :cheers:

So i've started doing some checks to make sure the fundamentals are covered. You guys mind chiming in where i've missed things worth giving a once over.

Tires: air/threadElectrics: check major connections, spot of wd40.

Brakes: are they working or not - got to work ok this morning so im assuming they do :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Generally the bike is super reliable, but thought it worth asking incase there are a couple of bits i haven't considered, given a few hundred miles will be covered over the w/e.

be better off checking the tread :mrgreen:

Tires: air/threadElectrics: check major connections, spot of wd40.

be better off checking the tread :mrgreen:

:boxing: :evil:

to be honest mate it not be any worse than my old bike (all those who know betty will be laughing now) and some of us have had problems, seem to remember Donnie having his bike in bits at one point last year. if there is always a way to take the piss, we will find it but as always there is no harm intended from us all :angel12:

Was gonna do an oil change but can't be bothered with taking all the fairing off,as tango said I might do the sensible thing and ''leave it alone''. tire pressure check and chain lube,that'll do..........don't forget to fill it up with petroleum :wink:

Cool, guess i'll do as little as possible... thanks to the road leading to Mr Ohjayshouse yesterday Im gonna have to give my bike a massive wash down. It's caked in mud and looking very sad! gonna be a great way to start my friday!

Was gonna do an oil change but can't be bothered with taking all the fairing off,as tango said I might do the sensible thing and ''leave it alone''. tire pressure check and chain lube,that'll do..........don't forget to fill it up with petroleum

:stupid: