stupid wing mirror question NEW PHOTOS !!

polecat

I bought these mirrors on Ebay and can not work out which way up they are meant to go ?

I know its most likely obvioius but........... is the pointy bit meant to face up or down ?

Any help would be apreciated :D

MRU011.jpg.c677e4e988f19c63ba9d56dcf8726555.jpg

Edited by polecat

a) Yes, up.

b) whichever way you like, it's a mirror!

Well I have put them on upside down then and my Mrs said they look Gay so I better go turn them the right way up

Thanks Matty :cheers:

I would say up cause the groove in them looks like where the indicator would be if they had built in ones. But I suppose it's up to you!

Well I tried them both ways and either way they look like stupid ears :lol:

Anyway I figured same as you Adam that the grove is where an indicator version would be so I think they are less worse pointy side up ! and with the Fazer they kind of fit the shape somehow and at least they dont waggle about like the old ones !

I would say up cause the groove in them looks like where the indicator would be if they had built in ones. But I suppose it's up to you!

Anyway I figured same as you Adam that the grove is where an indicator version would be so I think they are less worse pointy side up ! and with the Fazer they kind of fit the shape somehow and at least they dont waggle about like the old ones !

Look at the mirrors on this guys bike:

">

Pointy side down :cheers:

Look at the mirrors on this guys bike:

">

Pointy side down :cheers:

Thanks but they have a pointy up and down :lol:

Think I will have to go buy some square ones again :roll:

how about up the way the part numbers on the back can be read without standing on ur head :mrgreen:

Good idea but no part numbers alas its Blank ....not even a drain hole like on my old ones :crybaby:

That looks like you get a better rear view with the pointy bit up.

Yes !

And I realized they were also not only upside down but the wrong way around !

When they arrived the heads were swivelled 180 so they pointed up too much either way

on re-fitting I realized they were leaning up and rotated them 180 and now they look actually quiet good :)

so it is pointy up and then they look like this .....

IMG_1562.JPG.f719bb3c869b075f0cd0cbc47bd18dd9.JPG