pollish

mealexme

No, not the people from Poland, the stuff you put on the bike.

I was under the impression that polish got out light scratches. I polished my end can for the first time using a non-microfibre cloth with autosol and it left very very light scratches, so then I tried polishing with a micrifibre and it didnt get the scratches out as expected.

I also tried some MucOff plastic polish on some plastic that had small scratches that you can only see up close from washing with a sponge. However, again it made no difference. Infact it hardly made any difference at all as its a;ready a shiny bit of plastic, so am I under the wrong impression that polishes should get out light scratches, or am I using the wrong stuff?

And if I am using thewrong stuff, what can you recoomend?

A lot of polishes contain fillers to hide scratches, and don't nessesarily remove them.

T cut should get them out, but I would stick to the metallic version as it is far less aggressive than the regular version.

After that I just use the same polish as on my car. Normally Turtlewax platinum precision wax.

Autosol should have brought your end can up gleaming did you use plenty of elbow grease?

Depends what the end can is made of. Autosol can make a real mess of some finishes.

Like?

I've used it on alloy stainless and titanium with no messy outcome

I can get deep scratches out of stainless with a high speed abrasive pollishing pad called a Roloc. Look at Remy,s thread for her exhaust cover. I finish with Autosol on a polishing mop and buffing to a mirror finish.

autosol being slightly abrassive gave me an idea. It works well getting out scratches from plastic! Better than T-cut which doesnt seem to do anything to the visible scratches.

It does work to get the hazing out caused by the autosol though

However, im not brave enough to try it on the screen yet!