Other hobbies?

I met megawatt last week and had a chat, got to taking about our past and current projects. Seems quite a few people have built project bikes and cars. So her are a few pictures of my track car, what have you built??

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/mrbarry29/loctite/P1010483.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/mrbarry29/loctite/IMG_0092.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/mrbarry29/loctite/IMG_1286.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/mrbarry29/loctite/IMG_0093.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/mrbarry29/loctite/carbospark3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Bit of an audiophile and currently rebuilding and upgrading an old Technics 1210 mk2.

Anyone have an old one I can butcher for parts near Croydon?

I also like good audio, MP3 is god awfull and I'm looking forward to the new master audio devices that are coming out soon to replace them!!

I also love home cinema and as a result hate coppied films, oddly I much prefere DVD to bluray tho, I won't buy bluray because the motion control annoys me. Audio wise, it's a good thing I have no one living next to me on film n curry night lol. :)

A full fitted kitchen

Patio doors

Concrete, tiled and carpeted floorings

Timber flooring in the loft

A DIY greenhouse (from raw materials and my own design, not from a pre-fab kit)

Electrical rewiring a house

A garage renovation

.... and helped strip and custom paint an Austin Allegro years ago :oops:

Wow, loving the track car...giz a goooo!!

We have an old '77 VW Campervan that we are currently welding wheel arches and sills onto and a toyota celica track car which needs a new clutch fitting thanks to my boyfriend lol.... cant wait til both are complete.

I am also attempting to shabby chic some furniture to sell :)

I also like good audio, MP3 is god awfull and I'm looking forward to the new master audio devices that are coming out soon to replace them!!

I also love home cinema and as a result hate coppied films, oddly I much prefere DVD to bluray tho, I won't buy bluray because the motion control annoys me. Audio wise, it's a good thing I have no one living next to me on film n curry night lol. :)

I agree Mp3's are really terrible. If I listen to my Ipod I only listen to ALAC files (FLAC for you non Apple people)

General engineering and mechanical background, used to race mini's back in the day, then restored and trialled landrovers, starting with a 1954 107" long wheelbase, and progressing on to various V8 rangerovers. Had a go at restoring various old jap bikes through the years.

I have done all sorts of modelling through the years, which is actually a tremendous introduction to 'real mechanics'. I have raced Nitro rc cars and buggies, including a Serpent 1/8 track car that did 70mph and 0-60 in 2 seconds! :shock:

Flown model planes for years, currently have a 30cc petrol engined aerobatic plane calld an MX-S. 2-1 power to weight ratio and will hang on the propeller at just over half throttle.

Did Clay pigeon shooting for a while, but it was too expensive, so sold the shotgun and took up Archery instead. Which I still do.

I have also played various instruments and been in bands, ran a recording studio, and a pa hire company.

Go to Church. Very involved and play in the group there too (bass).

I believe life is for living and I find football boring so have had to find things to fill all those hours it's on telly! :D

I have shot clays and it's not easy! My old man has done it for 45 years he's mustard! Uses an old tatty 4:10 side by side and annoys the 'gentry' with their 'real' guns by taking 95+ out of the hundred every round haha.

Archery is also very difficult I have had a short go at that, good to see the experienced peeps doing it right tho :)

I used to love that, going into a comp with my £600 browning and pasting the toffs with their £30k :shock: guns!

Archery is great because you can stand and shoot till your hearts content with no cost (once you have spent the money on the gear to start with!)

Yes, being macho is bull. Firing 100 cartridges through a 12gauge in a couple of hours makes your whole body ache for a couple days afterwards and it's easy to pull a muscle. and YES I know how to shoot one properly, doesn't matter how hard you pull the gun in, a 12 gauge will still give you a hell of a kick!

I would go for a 10 if I was starting again.