Motorbike cover for over winter

Hi

I'm due to get my 125 this week as long as mot goes ok. If not icy or snowing I will be using it for work etc so most likely have to keep it outside in back garden. I have a cheap silver cover from my ybr125 that was stolen but I'm after the best cover for winter? When not in use we will make space in she'd but its not the easiest to get into so that's why won't be using the shed daily.

Many thanks

Stacey

Depending on how much money you wanna spend you could get one of those pull-over covers that have 5 hoops in and fix to the ground . Or just get a good quality cover that has clips underneath to seal up the underside. Google Motorbike Cover?

I have tried two covers. The first being a waterproof one from hein gericke, it cost around £15 if I remember correctly. Me being me thought that advertising something as waterproof ment it legally had to be waterproof... yea right, first night of rain and the bike was wet underneath. within a few weeks the logo starting faiding off aswell and looking up reviews I have seen lots of people had the same issue, so I figured that "waterproof" covers are much like waterproof bike clothing - its 100% waterproof until it sees a drop of water unless its top of range, and then it may only last a day

So anyway, I went and bought this http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/view ... 83&t=42281

Have had it about a year now, still 100% waterproof even after storms lasting days non-stop and not too expencive. Vey highly reccomended

I recently did some research on covers and the best one I found was the Oxford Rainex. It does come in at about £50 but luckily I found an as new one for £25.

I have a medium sized one for my ybr 125 but it won't fit if you have a top box! Hence the chap selling his.

It has 2 x holes at the front for your chain to go through the wheel and the cover at the same time but it could be cut off I suppose.

I've used Oxford Rainex (or similar) in the past, and found it to be very effective (as long as you can secure it against the wind lifting it).

However we've since moved house, and the bike "cover" at the new house is made of brick... we like to call it a garage :roll: lol

As I little tip, I use a cheap ratchet strap from B&Q to keep my cover on. It goes over the cover and then under the bike. The clip strap with the cover was not strong enough in the wind. It is a Motrax Delux which has been waterproof, but I don't think they are made anymore.

Depending on how much money you wanna spend you could get one of those pull-over covers that have 5 hoops in and fix to the ground . Or just get a good quality cover that has clips underneath to seal up the underside. Google Motorbike Cover?

I used to use a very dry, warm, near the kettle place but when I centre standed into the 200 quid vivarium damaging it I was forced to get a bike home.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/tankbag/Photo0038.jpghttp://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/tankbag/Photo0040-1.jpg

Now I use a bikehome its great as you can ride in with the engine red hot & just pull the cover over. They're not cheap I picked mine up for a ton, maybe source a 2nd hand one ?

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/tankbag/bikehome.jpg

• 1 month later...

hi,

can definitely recommend the Oxford Stormex.They can be picked up s/h on Ebay for around £40 and will last for years in constant use.Had one of the cheaper Oxford covers but after 3 years the sun/wind and frosts cracked it and then it just started to disintegrate.

ron