bike wont start with choke

StaceyHollins

Hi, just got my Suzuki en125 back from mechanic so I go to start it yesterday and was told to start it the choke needs to be on. So I do that and it tried to start but then nothing. Again this morning so it's now flooded. Should I try without choke on? Am I going to have trouble everytime or is it just getting the knack? Bike is stored outside with cover.

sounds like you just need to get the hang of it!

you could have too much choke on it way require a little throttle it might want no choke to start but then putting on as soon as it starts!

all bikes are different and its just figuring out how to get it right

Seems all I have had is trouble with it. Mechanic Saud on when start and off as soon as started which isn't working for me. My ybr was so easy just started first time everytime even in snow. But I've never used a choke before

Try without choke little throttle, then when fires use half choke, all bikes are different, and there is a knack, just keep trying, if you flood you may have to wait a few mins before trying again.

If it's flooded, choke off, open throttle fully and spin engine over a few times. Then try to start with choke on and NO throttle. If still flooded, remove spark plug, spin engine over, clean plug and warm up the electrode over a gas ring. Replace and try again.

Bradex Easy Start is brills used on stubborn bikes & cars that have stood for months, I had a big problem with the bandit carbs at one point & a squirt of this in the airbox fired her up almost instantly.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_255221

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/tankbag/easystart.jpg

Bradex Easy Start is brills used on stubborn bikes & cars that have stood for months, I had a big problem with the bandit carbs at one point & a squirt of this in the airbox fired her up almost instantly.

No no no no!!!

are you aware engines can get addicted to this stuff and eventually wont start without it!

If an engine wont start without aid other then whats already on the bike then there is something wrong!

This feels like a Red Dwarf moment

KRYTEN:

Your serial number's '2X4C'.I'm a 2X4c too! We must have the same motherboard.

ABLE:

Woah, then you're my bro'! Hey, wow, you wanna try some Ultrazone?

KRYTEN:

Ultrazone's dangerous and highly addictive!

ABLE:

Why, I only use it every now and then, y'know? It helps me get through the day.

I had to sort my carbs out as a proper fix but in the interim the bradex got her started.

are you aware engines can get addicted to this stuff and eventually wont start without it!

This stuff works like diesel fuel, it will ignite on compression only

but it detonates and will crack the piston rings so it dosn't have enough compression to start without a spray

Each time you use it the rings get more and more cracked until there's not enough compression to start the engine even with the spray

Diesel ignites due to heat not pressure, the heat is a direct result of the pressure. This stuff is the same but has a lower flash point than diesel because a petrol engine hasn't got enough conpression to create the 600 degrees needed to ignite diesel. It's also a gas not a liquid so doesn't cool the chamber as it changes state from liquid to gas (only a gas can burn not a liquid or solid they have to change state first) as its also normaly oxidizing an almost unlimited volume of it can combust in the chamber and the result is a huge explosion with potentially devestating results. It's not possible (or plausible) to regulate its use adequately to prevent damage sometimes occurring.

No no no no!!!

If an engine wont start without aid other then whats already on the bike then there is something wrong!

i use to use it 2 years ago with no probs on car as i couldnt be ass charging heater plugs. i did ask about it in works garage and they said the real reason is that the engine has problems to start with and get worse, so will eventually ONLY start with help

* update

After leaving bike for a few days and charging the battery it started without choke and as soon as you use the throttle it died. Worked out some crap blocking a jet, so mechanic coming tomorrow to put a filter on. Fingers crossed that works.

glad you finally got it sorted.if you are parking it up over the winter either drain the carb or run the bike once a week for 10-15 minutes to keep the battery god and to stop the fuel going off in the carb and causing you more problems in the spring.of course if you are using it over the winter then ignore all of the above :mrgreen: