oil

jal123ddd

Various people have said to use bike oil, not car oil as car oil has additives in it which can affect the clutch plates on a bike.

not this again!!

There is a big thread on this with some great reading

put it this way I use car oil in my bike :wink:

you only have to watch some of the very expensive oils that have friction modifiers in them and these are more expensive then bike oil anyway :wink:

PS asda are doing 4 litres of castrol semi synthetic for £12 :)

I have just bought some more and used this stuff for the last 5 years with no clutch slip :)

bought some of that myself a couple of weeks ago, bloody good price :D

Various people have said to use bike oil, not car oil as car oil has additives in it which can affect the clutch plates on a bike.

You are opening a can of worms there. I think this question is very similar to religion, it is all views and theory, and will never be properly solved.

I have been using Halfords motorbike oil for the last few years. Costs about £20 for 5 litres.

You are opening a can of worms there. I think this question is very similar to religion, it is all views and theory, and will never be properly solved.

I have been using Halfords motorbike oil for the last few years. Costs about £20 for 5 litres.

I use Carlube..it costs me £15 for 5 litres.....................I can get 2 oil changes out of 5 litres! :D