Electric body warmer to keep my 'lovely lady lumps' warm!

Good afternoon lovely TMBF peoples!

Moo has the body temperature of a little old lady on the verge of dying when outside in the cold! At this moment in time I am wearing tights under my jeans and a vest top, 2 actual vests and a hoodie in our living room and I am only just at a comfortable temperature and dreading stepping outside to change the oil in my bike! Ollie's gonna be borrowing my bigger, warmer bike jacket til he finds one he wants to spend good money on, so I'm stuck with my tight leather one - which looks awesome but little room for layers in the cold weather. Being on a cruiser with arms open is like an invite to freeze my tiny t*ts off!! I've considered getting an electric body warmer in the past, but now I'm v keen!

I've seen cheap general ones from as little as £15 and proper biker ones up to £200. Not sure of my budget yet (defo not over £100 is all I would say), but just wondering if anyone has experience with one and would they recommend it?

Fanks in advance, hope everyone's having a nice weekend and not too peeved at the lame weather! :mrgreen:

Good afternoon lovely TMBF peoples!

Moo has the body temperature of a little old lady on the verge of dying when outside in the cold! At this moment in time I am wearing tights under my jeans and a vest top, 2 actual vests and a hoodie in our living room and I am only just at a comfortable temperature and dreading stepping outside to change the oil in my bike! Ollie's gonna be borrowing my bigger, warmer bike jacket til he finds one he wants to spend good money on, so I'm stuck with my tight leather one - which looks awesome but little room for layers in the cold weather. Being on a cruiser with arms open is like an invite to freeze my tiny t*ts off!! I've considered getting an electric body warmer in the past, but now I'm v keen!

I've seen cheap general ones from as little as £15 and proper biker ones up to £200. Not sure of my budget yet (defo not over £100 is all I would say), but just wondering if anyone has experience with one and would they recommend it?

Fanks in advance, hope everyone's having a nice weekend and not too peeved at the lame weather! :mrgreen:

Have you looked at the long sleeved silk undershirts you can get for a bike?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silk-thermal-lo ... B0064MO8ZQ

and I demand piccies....lol

of course there are cheaper ones out there...:)

Look up bike base layers moo :)

What's wrong with getting cold Moo.....isn't that why you've got an Ollie to warm you up?........ :wink:

Anywhooo......Maplins sometimes have a special on heated gear.....may be worth a look....... 8-)

Jesus christ, you guys are like dogs on heat! :seeya:

LOVE the cow Tiggie, that is feckin cute! Kinda looks like a hospital gown :mrgreen:

Derek - that thin thing is £68! Maybe it is magical and wonderful and made of expensive stuff BUT I literally can't imagine how it can possibly make me that much warmer!

Will try Maplins when back on the bike, its a hell of a distance from here by bus!

So no one has one? I'm really surprised! I could skin someone and wear that maybe??

I just spent the past 2 hours outside draining oil and cleaning my Beast! I can't feel anything anymore!!! I was snowed on! *gets violin out :violin: and my old granny elecrtric blanket out*...

Moo, in this weather, it doesn't matter, just layers on layers on layers, try to keep the cold wind away from you. Thats it really.

My spada suit is being worn for 40 mile round trip everyday to work, leaving at 5am to cross the severn bridge. it is awesome, just wearing a vest and shirt under it and I am fine except for the coldest days, but even then I can cope for 20 mins. it is basically well layered up, thats why its so good. it was £200 though so I would expect it to be good.

If you're riding through the winter then leather is not really the best (yes for protection, but not for the weather) so its a pain adding loads of layers on top. a good textile jacket or suit is definitely warmer.

Hmm, I know, my leather jacket is horrible in cold weather.

So, basically Ollie's just gonna have to get himself a jacket before Saturday so I can use mine or I'll freeze. Maybe he should get a warm textile one and when we're at BMF in May he can get a sexy leather jacket then.

Thanks for saving moo some pennies!

How about you model US your new biker onesie, matty?! :mrgreen:

my heine gericke jacket is great, I only wear a t-shirt underneath it most of the time.it has a removable inner liner so its good in summer too.

it did cost £100 but that was on sale as it was reduced from £250 so I'm doubly happy with it :D

Yarr, my Furygan jacket is pretty good too with remoooovable thermal lining (in my signature pic). Cost £110 - wish I hadn't gone a size up assuming I'd still need lots of layers tho! When I sit down it looks like I'm pregnant!!

There is definitely good gear around that is not £100s, but you need to buy smart, try a load of stuff on. A lot of the time we buy good gear that is reduced in sales to clear. Try to avoid the real budget stuff as it will leak more ( I mean stuff that's cheaply made, not necessarily cheap to buy, some of the aldi stuff is meant to be great).

Feel free to come round and try on some of my clothes, but I expect the same in return! :up:

Guest Hodgy

I bought a heated wastecoat from Maplins before winter, they were on sale, it's battery operated.

I've never worn it though, perhaps I should try it out :oops:

Feel free to come round and try on some of my clothes, but I expect the same in return! :up:

Matty: you would look like shrek crossed with a cow!! :mrgreen:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3204/2845016301_d8af80663d_z.jpg

I bought a heated wastecoat from Maplins before winter, they were on sale, it's battery operated.

That may well be good, but I would try and convert it to run off the bike, you can guarantee the batteries will always be flat when you really need it!

Guest Hodgy

That may well be good, but I would try and convert it to run off the bike, you can guarantee the batteries will always be flat when you really need it!

Yep that was on my list of things I never got round to doing (it's a very very long list :lol: )

It takes 8 AA batteries and they are supposed to last 4 hours.

I'm supposed to be going to Scotland on Saturday, I may well dig it out to use :D

Yep that was on my list of things I never got round to doing (it's a very very long list :lol: )

It takes 8 AA batteries and they are supposed to last 4 hours.

I'm supposed to be going to Scotland on Saturday, I may well dig it out to use :D

8xAA batteries means it runs on 12v so just needs wiring straight to battery.

Matty: you would look like shrek crossed with a cow!! :mrgreen:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3204/2845016301_d8af80663d_z.jpg

I am not sure I want to know the answer to this, but where the frick did you find that pic? I mean, I don't think I even want to know what websites you go on! :oops:

J

Derek - that thin thing is £68! Maybe it is magical and wonderful and made of expensive stuff BUT I literally can't imagine how it can possibly make me that much warmer!

It's made of silk Moo.....silk always keeps you warm....I have silk inner gloves and a long sleeved t shirt...always warm :)

Hey Moo......I've got a Belstaff Textile jacket XL size (I'm 44" chest and it fits OK) that I'm giving away....well, maybe a small donation to the forum would be appreciated......which is bl**dy warm.....so, I don't know if that would help Ollie out 'till the BMF.....and release your jacket back to you..... :wink:

Just a thought....... 8-)