Electric body warmer to keep my 'lovely lady lumps' warm!

I don't know if it's any help Moo but I bought a lot of my gear from a guy's shop on e-bay. some of his stuff is new and some second hand but all are cheap. He is called englishbandit. Got a pair of armoured leather trousers for £16 a Heine Gerick textile jacket for £35 and a pair of Frank Thomas textile trousers for £30. A lot of the stuff is end of range, warehouse surplus stock. HTH. :wink:

my heine gericke jacket is great, I only wear a t-shirt underneath it most of the time.it has a removable inner liner so its good in summer too.

it did cost £100 but that was on sale as it was reduced from £250 so I'm doubly happy with it :D

:o I got one when it was still at £200 :(

HG do some good stuff if you buy the expensive ones. Its like anything though, buy cheap stuff and it wont work as well. My HG gloves were cheap and didnt stay waterproof for long

I could lend my hands to keep you warm? :lol:

Or on a serious note, if your wearing leathers then its windproof material you want. As its been said, a high viz jacket would work, or a cheap, large windproof coat. I have one which rolls up into its own pocket and I think it was under £20.

There are two ways of keeping warm.

1. either wearing layers which acts like double glazing as it traps air between the layers, or special base layers which are materials made to use the same technique, but only traps air in the one layer.

2. Keeping the wind away from your skin. This can either be done with lots and lots of layers, or with windproof material. I would recommend windproof material as this is much thinner and you can get it quite cheap. Also using base layers with no windproof material will mean the air thats trapped in the material will be blown away when you start moving.

Windproof material is usually just plastic because, unlike woven materials, it has no holes in it to let air through. From personal experience, textile jackets seem to be pretty windproof, but leathers dont seem to be at all. I may be wrong in saying that though because leather is basically skin, and skin is wind and waterproof, yet leather is neither. Odd.

And then of course there are heated vests etc, but I suspect only the expensive ones work well.

So, yea. Personally I would just go with something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof-Ho ... 41707d40d7 if its temporary, till Olly stops nicking your textiles!

I haven't had any real problems with a pair of jeans, T shirt, wooly jumper, thick socks, leathers, boots and gloves. Even with winter gloves and heated grips after a 1 hour ride at -4 my finger tips get numb. Nothing else gets cold.

I find a good balaclava and neck tube worth their weight in gold tho! A balaclava from aldi comes down right over your chest and no matter how much you turn your neck no cold blast hits your neck. A thick neck tube, also from aldi but from their cycling range, helps seal the top opening of the leathers and assists the balaclava.

Aldi are currently selling cheap bike gear.

not sure i'd opt for theyre own brand protective gear, (they have kevlar jeans, helmets and armoured textiles) but i have just bought some of their thermal wind proof base layers and for the pittence they cost vs the quality, i would reccomend them.

HOLY CRAP!!! Thankyou all for the incredibly kind resonses!!! :love:

I feel really bad now :shock: , because Ollie thankfully managed to get around the problem with a suggestion from his manager: to work a couplea lunch breaks and use the time to get out of work early tonight and buy the jacket he wanted from Cambridge Motorcycles! So no more issue - Moo will have her warm Furygan jacket to wear, and Ollie has bought himself this:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/spada_jackets_cruiser_zps17e297ee.jpg

Look forward to seeing it on him, he's not home yet. Apparently had to get a 46" chest cos his torso & arms are so freakishly long it didn't cover his body enough in the 44!

And I found this for him, he's getting it in lime green! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... AQ:GB:1123

Wahhh, I feel like a numpty! Tho all your responses have been nonetheless valuable and hilarious in their own ways so it's all good :mrgreen:

Tango: SO sorry to reply late to your v kind offer!!! Twas v nice of you, but all sorted now fanks :thumb:

Hodgy: let me know what you think of your 'leccy bodywarmer if you get round to wearing it! I'm still interested in getting one if they're worth it. Are you biking to Scotland??

Matty: I'd love to, if you mooove closer to us =D

Tiggie: WHERE did you find that and how long have you been waiting for an appropriate mooment to use it?!?! LOVE IT! HAhahaha :laugh:

Throttled: Moo does not feel that the textile jacket has a good look to it haha! We don't have the problem anymore now Wallie has managed to get out of work early to buy his own jacket, thanks anyway. I will defo look ino thermals when it starts getting older later in the year.

Chris: All I ever do is wear layer upon layer on a normal chilly day even when not on my bike! I swear I'm mean to be a lizard! Heated grips would be sexual!

Mailee: Will DEFO check that out, cheers!! (love me a bargain!!)

Alex: Epic reply! I feel really bad now for all these lovely replies as the problem is sorted!! Thanks so much!! Yep, you can lend me your hands - cut yours off at abour wrist level, yeah?? Like you say, skin SHOULD be warmest :wink:

Would defo consider the funky silk thing

Derek posted for the coming Autumn/winter - less layers = less frumpy looking = looking more awesome on my bike :D Haha, so vain! Would be great if it did work.

MrBarry: I never had an issue with wearing my Furygan jacket with its thermal bit inside, a thermal vest and a hoodie. I'm so glad I won't need to wear my cold, rather tight leather jacket now!

UK190: Aldi have all that biker stuff?! No way! Will have to check it out when back on The Beasty, tho wouldn't trust protective gear from there, anything else defo!

Cheers guys :cheers: x

Cambridge motorcycles.. that's my mate Phils shop. :mrgreen:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, Phil freaking ROCKS!!!! He called me LouMoo TrueMoo last time I went in, hahaha! (my name on Facebook!).

You two look like mates - skinheads etc - saw a pic of you in the 'show us pics of you' thread somewhere on the forum! You are no longer 'Kurt Cobain' to me (which is a very good thing!!) Hahaha :lol:

Is the Furygan gonna keep yer boobies warm or does Ollie need to help while riding pillion? WHAT??? :up:

Neither can ride pillion at the mo unfortunately! But in the future I think that'd be very wise, tho it'd make more sense for me to go pillion on a 'cold tits day' methinks :lol:

Guest Hodgy

Hodgy:

let me know what you think of your 'leccy bodywarmer if you get round to wearing it! I'm still interested in getting one if they're worth it. Are you biking to Scotland??

x

I'll let you know what it's like. Yep biking up to Fort William is the plan, I hope it warms up a bit though else I'll deff need my heated waitcoat :)

Tiggie: WHERE did you find that and how long have you been waiting for an appropriate mooment to use it?!?! LOVE IT! HAhahaha :laugh:

same place as this one :mrgreen:

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1237466918_cows.gif

same place as this one :mrgreen:

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1237466918_cows.gif

Loves it! http://www.gifbin.com/tag/cow/

http://www.gifbin.com/tag/cow/

• 2 weeks later...

Plenty of thin layers are the way to go.. Bit embarasing this, but i actually use thermal tights :shock: & socks. then leggings ( aldi bike gear type) under my leather trousers, and a couple of layers of thin long sleeved t shirts & sweat top under my leather jacket. I very rarely get cold.. But if you do a top tip is to stop and buy a newspaper and stuff that down the front of your jacket, that makes a hell of a difference and helps to keep your body core temp ( and, your jingly lady bits) warm. Heated grips do make a big difference too.

Plenty of thin layers are the way to go.. Bit embarasing this, but i actually use thermal tights :shock: & socks. then leggings ( aldi bike gear type) under my leather trousers, and a couple of layers of thin long sleeved t shirts & sweat top under my leather jacket. I very rarely get cold.. But if you do a top tip is to stop and buy a newspaper and stuff that down the front of your jacket, that makes a hell of a difference and helps to keep your body core temp ( and, your jingly lady bits) warm. Heated grips do make a big difference too.

Tights and newspaper!!! EPIC! I won't forget that hahaha! I wear tights under m trousers anyway in the cold (so no skinny jeans in the winter for moo) - but I am a givl and therefore get away with it :wink: haha!

My hubby wears his South Park or Bananaman pj bottoms under his kevlar jeans at the mo. And melted his thin green very unflattering waterproof trousers onto his exhaust :lol: ! Will get him some decent ones from BMF convension in May.

Thanks for the tips! :up: