kevlar jeans?

I think they are a perfect compromise for hot weather. I have not had an off in mine, but by all accounts they work, just expect them not to survive like textiles and leather may do.

There are plenty from £50 to £100. I have RST ones which cost £75 and Red Route which were £100.

There are plenty from £50 to £100. I have RST ones which cost £75 and Red Route which were £100.

I got Red Route ones for £40 at BMF! Tho I bought mine on a skinny day methinks cos they're a tad tight for me, and a teeny bit too short!! So I tuck em in my scabby £5 biking boots. With my too-big Furygan jacket...I really need to get some new gear...!!!!!!

Never had an off in them - I'd just recommend you make sure you get ones that have built-in armour too

I have some red route ones and they're crap. Hardly any coverage of kevlar but they were only 30 quid from bmf. I have some hood ones now which are fully lined with para-aramid and 100 times better than my others. Check ebay as I got my hoods brand new for 45 quid.

I got Red Route ones for £40 at BMF! Tho I bought mine on a skinny day methinks cos they're a tad tight for me, and a teeny bit too short!! So I tuck em in my scabby £5 biking boots. With my too-big Furygan jacket...I really need to get some new gear...!!!!!!

Never had an off in them - I'd just recommend you make sure you get ones that have built-in armour too

My trousers are a bit too big for me. The sizing is crap and I some which said they were the same size were not when I tried then on. That is a cracking price for the trousers.

I have some red route ones and they're crap. Hardly any coverage of kevlar but they were only 30 quid from bmf. I have some hood ones now which are fully lined with para-aramid and 100 times better than my others. Check ebay as I got my hoods brand new for 45 quid.

I agree the kevlar coverage could be more, it basically covers your backside and round your hips and down like shorts. What I like is the size and fit of the armour. I use the ones with the jeans for the knees and forcefield hip stuff which is huge.

• 4 weeks later...