Shopping in other drivers

klingelton

I'm with everyone on this - it wasn't THAT bad. He was distracted from the road while filling in his paper work which caused a few needless wobbles. There is the argument that he might have run over a toddler - but it's pointless, you could be paying all the attention in the world and still run a toddler down!

This video has had a positive effect, not on the driver of said taxi, but on me. I'm not going to police the road, there's no bloody point. I will just keep looking out for morons and make sure they don't knock me down. I will leave the policing of the road to the real police and take a chill pill.

I hope other people do the same, then this whole thread is worth it.

As for the red light jumper - nobody was harmed. No harm done. He's still a dozy twonk!

As for the driving standards in London, It amazes me that there aren't MORE crashes. There's that many people vying for space, I would imagine there would be loads more problems.

Just think if he had of hit someone he`d have smudged his writing, then what would he have done.

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Back to the thread; no, don't police the roads, but you have that on film and it's pretty freaking dangerous. He has gone out of his way to decide to fill out his paperwork while the car is moo-ving, and not just in slow bumper to bumper traffic, completely not paying attention at all. No, he didn't hurt anyone, but there was the potential to have done so easily - to have knocked you off, a cyclist, hit another car or yeah, potentially hit a pedestrian...there's just no excuse for what he did and probably does all the time. Driving a car is his profession! I'd shop him as you've got it on film - not to the police, I'd send the YouTube link to the manager of Amber Cars. I doubt he'd get fired, but hopefully a stern word/warning - defo make him think twice in the future. What a knobber! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry003.gif

Just think if he had of hit someone he`d have smudged his writing, then what would he have done.

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Back to the thread; no, don't police the roads, but you have that on film and it's pretty freaking dangerous. He has gone out of his way to decide to fill out his paperwork while the car is moo-ving, and not just in slow bumper to bumper traffic, completely not paying attention at all. No, he didn't hurt anyone, but there was the potential to have done so easily - to have knocked you off, a cyclist, hit another car or yeah, potentially hit a pedestrian...there's just no excuse for what he did and probably does all the time. Driving a car is his profession! I'd shop him as you've got it on film - not to the police, I'd send the YouTube link to the manager of Amber Cars. I doubt he'd get fired, but hopefully a stern word/warning - defo make him think twice in the future. What a knobber! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry003.gif

as ever, you're correct! I've decided to raise it as a concern with the company - purely on the fact that his attention was not on the road while he was driving - and we all know the ramifications of this. I would say, judging by the reviews of this taxi firm, there is little chance of the driver losing his income over this minor matter. The do seem to excel in being utterly shocking! But then most taxi firms in leeds follow the same business model.

UPDATE: I sent an email to the taxi firm in question and they've replied.

Hi Blake

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, it is totally unacceptable behaviour from the driver, I will bec speaking to the driver, i would like your permission to foreward the clip to the licensing department, i believe the driver kneeds remedial training before he can driver a licensed private hire car again. i am also going ot suspect him from driving for Amber Cars until this is done, once again Blake thankyou for your feedback

Kind regards [redacted] Amber Cars.

I left the typo's in tact ;) - but removed the chaps name to protect his identity.

I replied with:

I wouldn't have said it needed to go that far. A slap on the wrists in this circumstance may be sufficient, but i'd have for him to lose his livelihood.

If this chap has a track record and many complaints for this same thing, then retraining is probably pertinent. But this seems almost heavy handed. I guess they don't want drivers sullying the name of their company.

Will keep you updated.

You really do have far too much time on your hands dont you!!!

I hope the poor guy doesnt have a kids at home expecting food on the table or a sick wife or family member relaying on him and his job for financial support...

If next week we read in the the paper "Sacked Taxi driver commits suicide and takes 3 young children with him" the blood of those innocent children will be on your hands.....

Although i suspect the email response was just to get you off their back.... :lol:

I hope the poor guy doesnt have a kids at home expecting food on the table or a sick wife or family member relaying on him and his job for financial support...

If next week we read in the the paper "Sacked Taxi driver commits suicide and takes 3 young children with him" the blood of those innocent children will be on your hands.....

Although i suspect the email response was just to get you off their back.... :lol:

Oh wow, what a surprise, a contradictory argumentative reply from Joeman! With dramatics like that, I'm guessing you're a journalist from the Daily Fail?

Errm, hang on a minute- this driver is a moron. This isn't just a simple pick up your phone and look at it - which I also obviously condone - this guy was doing his actual paperwork with a pen on a moving road, not bumper-to-bumper traffic. This guy deserves what's coming to him, especially given the fact his job is driving, he is likely on the roads 10x more than any normal person, probably more.

I'm going to play the imaginary situation game too then: imagine your child ran out into the road and was hit by this 'tard and killed? Imagine you were on your bke and he knocked you off? I wonder if you'd have been on TMBF and still posting along the lines of 'poor mister taxi driver, who is gonna now be on benefits and commit suicide and take his family down with him, because that's what people usually do'. Reality check!

Oh wow, what a surprise, a contradictory argumentative reply from joeman! With dramatics like that, I'm guessing you're a journalist from the Daily Fail?

Errm, hang on a minute- this driver is a moron. This isn't just a simple pick up your phone and look at it - which I also obviously condone - this guy was doing his actual paperwork with a pen on a moving road, not bumper-to-bumper traffic. This guy deserves what's coming to him, especially ginven the fact his job is driving, he is likely on the roads 10x more than any normal person, probably more.

I'm going to play the imaginary situation game too then: imagine your child ran out into the road and was hit by this 'tard and killed? Imagine you were on your bke and he knocked you off? I wonder if you'd have been on TMBF and still posting along the lines of 'poor mister taxi driver, who is gonna now be on benefits and commit suicide and take his family down with him, because that's what people usually do'. Reality check!

Oh wow, a ridiculous reply from moo!! (love the auto correct there m00 = pain)

In one post you say "dont police the roads", now you've decided the best punishment for this guy is to lose his job!? if thats not contradictory then i dont know what is!?

Also, you seem to totally miss the sarcasm in my "far fetched" examples of what could happen...

However, since this is after all a forum where different people provide different opinions, and you seem to be up for a lively debate, lets look at some facts (with irony and sarcasm removed for the benefit of our less able readers)

In this instance we dont know the full story. We don't actually know for sure the taxi driver was writing whilst driving along. All we know is that when our fellow biker/cameraman pulled alongside to "police the situation" the taxi was almost, if not entirely stationary.

Now, the crucial questions that need to be answered before dishing out any kind of punishment are:

1. What makes you so sure he was driving along whilst writing??

2. How do you know for sure that he hadn't, just that moment, picked up his notepad to jot something down??

3. Could the OP swear under oath in a court of law that he 100% knew for a fact that the taxi driver was writing whilst driving along???

So, even though with all of the evidence presented, we cant categorically state that the driver was writing before his vehicle was stopped, some people still seem to think that they have sufficient evidence to appoint themselves as judge, jury and executioner and sentence this guy to loss of livelihood!!!?? How is that possibly fair??

And also lets not forget, this is a professional driver we are talking about here, not some young hot headed kid who just got his/her licences. This guy probably drives every day and covers many thousands of accidents free miles per week, he doesn't do it for a hobby....

Meh, my opinion differs from yours. Not getting into a long-winded debate about it.

yes, and whilst your opinion is that hard working people should have their livelihoods taken away from them based on one sketchy helmet cam video that doesn't actually show them doing anything wrong, your opinion will always be different to mine and every other sensible person's on the planet... :lol: :lol:

Anyway, Lets take an alternative view:

1. Lights turned green, taxi driver notices in his mirrors a biker thats overtaking every other car and decides to hold back to allow the bike to pass.

2. Biker decides not to overtake the taxi even though there is plenty of room to do so.

3. Taxi notices bike pulled in behind so decides to pull away (less than 3 seconds after the lights turned green)

4. Biker becomes irritated at Taxi's 3 second delay to pull away.

5. Taxi crosses Broken white line, realises oncoming car wants to turn right (but wasn't indicating?) so pulls back into own lane.

6. Biker becomes irritated with taxi for crossing broken white line (even though biker had been riding in hatched area earlier to filter past stationary traffic)

7. Taxi comes to complete stop at next lights.

8. Taxi driver picks up pad and pencil to write something down.

9. Biker pulls up along side the taxi, notices the driver is now writing something, and decides to "have a word" so revs his engine.

10. Biker is positioned to block the right hand lane preventing all other vehicles from passing.

11. Biker vents his disapproval at taxi driver's driving, whilst still blocking the right hand lane.

12. All cars that the biker previously filtered past now curse the biker for blocking the right hand lane as they drive past.

13. Biker Punishment passes taxi driver and pulls away...

14. Biker goes home, posts video on youtube and alerts the drivers boss of poor driving...

Two sides to every story ;)

Meh, my opinion differs from yours. Not getting into a long-winded debate about it.

Or in other words " totally missed the point of your previous post and haven't got a reasonable reply yo offer"

Or in other words " totally missed the point of your previous post and haven't got a reasonable reply yo offer"

Hah, was waiting for something like that. Nope, just simply disagree, and rather than continuing to argue my point and start another long, annoying thread of petty disagreements I decided to just drop it. So there - enjoy the rest of the thread! :mrgreen:

What happened !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just watched the video and can't say that it was all that bad.

Could you say that while you were chasing the taxi were you concentrating 100% on your riding ????????????????

Like it has been said, the guy could of stopped short at the red light because he wanted to write something down while it was on his mind, then he could concentrate on his driving.

Good call m00, this is becoming shit very rapidly!

:mrgreen:

Only got shit when m00 stuck her oars in, insulted me by accusing me of being tabloid press and then when challenged isn't prepared to discuss why she thinks a potentially innocent man should have his livelihood threatened off the back of some "road warriors" helmet cam footage that only shows him using a pencil when stopped.

Let's hope she and others on this thread never get called for jury duty!!

yes, and whilst your opinion is that hard working people should have their livelihoods taken away from them based on one sketchy helmet cam video that doesn't actually show them doing anything wrong, your opinion will always be different to mine and every other sensible person's on the planet... :lol: :lol:

1. Lights turned green, taxi driver notices in his mirrors a biker thats overtaking every other car and decides to hold back to allow the bike to pass.

2. Biker decides not to overtake the taxi even though there is plenty of room to do so. The zig zags on the crossing makes that illegal even though the biker was on the wrong side of them on approach :wink:

3. Taxi notices bike pulled in behind so decides to pull away (less than 3 seconds after the lights turned green)

5. Taxi crosses Broken white line, realises oncoming car wants to turn right (but wasn't indicating?) so pulls back into own lane.

6. Biker becomes irritated with taxi for crossing broken white line (even though biker had been riding in hatched area earlier to filter past stationary traffic) hatched area was not a solid white line...you are allowed to enter/filter on them

9. Biker pulls up along side the taxi, notices the driver is now writing something, and decides to "have a word" so revs his engine.

10. Biker is positioned to block the right hand lane preventing all other vehicles from passing.

11. Biker vents his disapproval at taxi driver's driving, whilst still blocking the right hand lane.

12. All cars that the biker previously filtered past now curse the biker for blocking the right hand lane as they drive past.

14. Biker goes home, posts video on youtube and alerts the drivers boss of poor driving...

there was no evidence to say the taxi was writing whilst moving the only real thing he did wrong was drift over a bit....for all we know he could have been reading a text on his phone...looking at a shop...looking at a bird with big tits...watching what the bike was doing behind him....knocking one out.....having a dump the list is endless he could have just drifted a little its easily done

I think your all making something out of nothing

oh and the taxi driver wouldnt loose his job a taxi driver is self employed :wink: you would have to go the route of reporting him to the local council who would at worse take his licence for a week :wink:

2. Biker decides not to overtake the taxi even though there is plenty of room to do so. The zig zags on the crossing makes that illegal even though the biker was on the wrong side of them on approach :wink:

6. Biker becomes irritated with taxi for crossing broken white line (even though biker had been riding in hatched area earlier to filter past stationary traffic) hatched area was not a solid white line...you are allowed to enter/filter on them

there was no evidence to say the taxi was writing whilst moving the only real thing he did wrong was drift over a bit....for all we know he could have been reading a text on his phone...looking at a shop...looking at a bird with big tits...watching what the bike was doing behind him....knocking one out.....having a dump the list is endless he could have just drifted a little its easily done

I think your all making something out of nothing

oh and the taxi driver wouldnt loose his job a taxi driver is self employed :wink: you would have to go the route of reporting him to the local council who would at worse take his licence for a week :wink: