Brake issue... Need advice please :)

argentum40

Ok basically the front brake on the bandit is shite.. The lever has a few mill of travel then goes hard and abit notchy when heaved on, thebrakes are wooden as well and its getting steadily worse...

Calipers have been rebuilt with new seals etc and new fuild a few months ago..

Any ideas folks??

what pads are you using? this could be the wooden feel

as for the smooth operation whats it like when riding? does it feel smooth or notchy? check the pivot point and maybe worth rebuilding the master cylinder

Hi, When you say wooden makes me think you might need to change the pads and possibly hoses.

Sintered pads take some beating

this web page might be of help

http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Brembo_ ... ycles.html

Would sooner have a bad engine than bad brakes

+1 on the Master cylinder rebuild....... 8-)

I've got Carbone Lorraine pads on both my bikes......like the feel of them.....the EBC pads that were on the Speedie when I got it were a bit wooden.....but plenty of others on here rate them....so maybe they were just some sh*t ones that were on the bike..... :wink:

I have run both carbone lorraine and now have EBC

I used the CL ones for years till I swapped to the EBC I thought they were the mutts nutts! the CL ones are great but do need a bit of heat in them to make them work as they are intended whereas the EBC just work from the off

for normal road riding I recommend EBC over Carbone Lorraine if your going to be pushing it both are just as good as each other and only price will be a factor they both give good feel :D

I have run both carbone lorraine and now have EBC

I used the CL ones for years till I swapped to the EBC I thought they were the mutts nutts! the CL ones are great but do need a bit of heat in them to make them work as they are intended whereas the EBC just work from the off

for normal road riding I recommend EBC over Carbone Lorraine if your going to be pushing it both are just as good as each other and only price will be a factor they both give good feel :D

Go for the best you can afford, no price can cover the security of knowing you have a good set of brakes.

Silly question... have you checked that the lever and pivot aren't fouling anything? I've had similar problems before and found that the lever clamp thingy just needed turning a few degrees as the lever would touch the banjo bolt.