Oil on right leg and foot....

evetsneerg

So got off the bike at work this morning and had oil all over my right foot and abit on the bottom of my textiles...Same happened after i got the bike home this evening. So had a look and it seems like my dipstick is missing?? Not quite sure how this has happened do they work themselves loose? I've only had a quick look and it was dark so might not be the issue but im sure it is. Does that should like it should be the problem?

Now what would you use a replacement untill i can get a new one, Was thinking of just shaving down a cork a little and using that as a bung for the time being do you think that would do the job? or is there anything else you can suggest?

Should hopefully be able to get one after work tomorrow as have a halfday so it really is just a temporary fix for the morning, as dont really want to turn up at work walking oil through the building again :/ haha

Also id perhaps do an oil change on it now.

You were riding without a dipstick, debris from the road could of gotten in the engine, and if its a cold morning and engine running warm, could possibly cause contamination to the oil,

Moisture in it would turn the oil white and gunky..

8-)

Also id perhaps do an oil change on it now.

You were riding without a dipstick, debris from the road could of gotten in the engine, and if its a cold morning and engine running warm, could possibly cause contamination to the oil,

Moisture in it would turn the oil white and gunky..

8-)

with the amount of crankcase pressure it will be fine and also with a hole so it can breath you will get less condensation and any in the will burn off quicker as it has an escape route

You were riding without a dipstick, debris from the road could of gotten in the engine
or be spilt out and might be the possible cause for some poor sod having an off. Don't take oil leaks lightly!

Oil, tarmac and tyres especially motor bike tyres is a recipe for a disaster keep the oil where it belongs in the engine.