Start damn you!

RantMachine

Oh fudge, I've been off the forum or not on a lot so missed this ordeal!

Why were the front brake screws impossible to get out? Seized or heads rounded?

I have a spare impact driver I no longer use if the former :wink:

The screws on the front brake reservoir were absolutely solid Fozzie........I used a selection of my work screwdrivers (all good quality Teng P2.......Big Bertha2 -450mm x P2) and the screws wouldn't budge and then there was the risk of rounding them out....so we gave up before we did damage them. The excuse the dealer came out with for the low level of fluid (not even visible in the sight glass) was due to brake pad wear!! This is a single caliper front brake......the brake fluid level on my twin caliper, four piston front brakes doesn't drop below the minimum level on the reservoir, even when the pads are down near to the backing...... :roll:

Anyway, it looks like Ollie is back on the road now after the dealer did what they should have done last time..... :roll:

Soooooo....without making Wolls annoyed (this can be repayment for the MINGNG fart he just made me endure!!) :lol: ....can anyone else on here convince him to make an epic complaint to Lexmoto in the hope he can get his money back? I mean the main reason he bought this bike was because it was brand new and came with a warranty and thought that meant it'd be reliable, but clearly it's not worked out that way

Ollie has a very well documented f**ked bike sold to him, he has been to and from Bedford countless times first thing in the morning and leaves in the afternoon...ridiculous amounts of wasted time, wasted petrol money, sitting around in coffee shops waiting for them to fix a bike they didn't put together well, is unreliable as f**k, he's not gonna get good resale on, and the c***s haven't even serviced it when he's gone there to have it serviced!!! One time his chain was so slack when he came back from there, the next day we heard metal on metal grinding when riding together (Tango and Bonnie kindly came and tensioned it) and they haven't even topped up the brake fluid - basic?? :shock:

GAH! Makes me so p*ssed off for him.

I think you need to go down there and do the bizzo Moo.

If I don't have luck with stealers/insurance companies/sales people etc I just send in the mrs and *ping* job done! :-)

Pretty sure I offered to write the angry letter but Wolls wasnt keen! Cba to go to Bedford ever really! ...had to go there long enough when my mum lived there/I went out with someone there in the past and my god it's a craphole! :lol:

the main reason he bought this bike was because it was brand new and came with a warranty and thought that meant it'd be reliable, but clearly it's not worked out that way

If he bought it on any form of credit the credit company are also responsible for the condition of the bike. Get onto them, tell them you're going to withhold payment because its "not of merchantable quality"

I did that a few years ago and it definitely got them moving

If he bought it on any form of credit the credit company are also responsible for the condition of the bike. Get onto them, tell them you're going to withhold payment because its "not of merchantable quality"

I did that a few years ago and it definitely got them moving

Paid outright

:|

not sure how much of a complaint he has got really as the dealer has fitted him in asap to correct any work needing doing and seems to have been very good at warranty work for him as well ive know jap dealers a lot worse,baering in mind when you look at where he is in the service record of things compared to mileages lex moto expected it to have covered by this time in its life

The sale of goods act 1979 covers this,

The argument being from the start the bike has had issues and thus means it was not "fit for purpose". It was sold as a method of transport and if you believe it has failed dangerously enough times to mean it has caused significant disruption then you have a real claim.

At the very least I'd have them buy it back off you at the best going 2nd hand rate.

Broach it with the dealer, going in all guns blazing isn't required until they say no and the anger monkeys come out. :lol:

A carefully worded e-mail just stating you are not happy and listing all incidents with the bike creates both a written record they acknowledge and makes your intentions clear. Can always do that and see what they say.

Don't waste your time, or the opportunity, in trying to argue s14(2) fitness for purpose as it's likely to fail at the first hurdle - you have been riding it, therefore you have shown by your own actions that it is fit for the purpose as a means of transport.

You'd fair better with a s14(3) satisfactory quality argument, citing the various faults and deficiencies that would not have arisen had the machine been of satisfactory quality.

Leave aside the repair and/or servicing issues as a separate line of argument/negotitation.

Arguing that the original machine is clearly of poor quality is your best chance of getting the manufacturer to roll over.

Suggesting that the dealer displayed incompetence in trying to put right the original faults adds to that argument.

Bringing into play the dealer's faults just confuses the issue so let that rest as a Plan B at the outset, using it when/if the first pitch fails.