Halfords Trade Card Discounts.

Joeman

I get sent to halfords quite regular to pick up bulbs/wiper blades as you get quite a savng from these.

It's a journey of 99 miles each way to my nearest Halfords, so the discount would need to be pretty huge to make it worthwhile using 8 gallons of fuel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I just got myself a new industrial tool chest, this one:

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/garage ... tool-chest

Should have been £259 and with my card it was £100.

Thats a cracking deal.

I'm trying to stay away for fear of breaking my bank account in one trip :D

Can we get hold of the servicing parts? I was going to just order off wemoto but might have a nosey at Halfords prices instead

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So... are these still on the go?

I tend to be in Halfords most weeks to be honest. I get most of my parcels delivered there and inevitably end up buying bits and bobs for the cars/bikes while I am there! A discount card would be rather handy!

its getting posted tomorrow morning 2nd class .....we are cheap skates :lol:

dont forget to return the WHITE part :thumb: stamped envelope is inside :thumb:

Arrived safely today. My wallet feels complete again :)

• 1 month later...

Finally got round to posting my savings. Incidentally halfords were really good after picked up wrong wipers, exchanging them and swapping for some really odd ones that the oh's car requires....worth going in with the reg number to parts desk, don't trust their little book of cars!

Bosch rear wiper £12 to £7.80

Halfords front wiper twin set £29 to £18.85

Couple of cleaning things were £5.99 to £5.09

Finally the bosch flat wiper twin pack I originally bought but returned were £25 to £16.25

Happy days. Will be doing mini service soon so fresh oil and kn filter cleaner pack to be bought. Probably won't do sparks and oil filter as bikes only done about 500 miles since last service! Will be using her more in 2016 I hope!!!

Don't think bicycles count as vehicle parts/tools Joe.

There is a thought - If a Bicycle is NOT a vehicle, then why do I have to pay the 'road tax' (I know, but everyone knows it by the old name :up: ) for my Rocket as the V5 (Log Book) clearly states 'Bicycle' as the vehicle type?

:popcorn:

Therein lies a quandary Al - for the purposes of the law (drink driving, traffic rules etc), a bicycle falls under the category of a "mechanically propelled vehicle" yet not VED, insurance or any such thing is applicable. One would at least assume VED would be payable given the vast quantity of pollutants chuffed out by sweaty, farty cyclists.