Tool Trolley..

Joeman

Situation is that I normally just sling the whole tool kit on the floor and take tools as I need them. Its a bit of a pain having them on the floor, and I always trip over them!

Alternative would be one of those metal cabinets on wheels, but then I would need to take all the tools out of the plastics carry case, and put them into the drawers. That's great if you never take tools anywhere, but sometimes its nice to just pick up the toolbox and take it out of the garage.

So I think what I want is a half way solution. So something to keep the tools in the plastic case and off the floor, on wheels so I can move them around. But when I want to take the tools out of the garage I can still take them in their case.

Anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me??

Bolt wheels to your current case ? :D

Or make a tray with wheels that fits the plastic trays from your toolbox. so you just take the one out you need and wheel i na little trolley then.

Just you Joeman... Everyone else takes the tool out, uses it, then puts it back in it's correct location. :lol:

Did you see these: Blatant Halfords plug. Bit of a half way house as they fit nicely in the drawers of your cabinet (apparently) but you can still take them out as a unit.

Just you Joeman... Everyone else takes the tool out, uses it, then puts it back in it's correct location. :lol:

Did you see these: Blatant Halfords plug. Bit of a half way house as they fit nicely in the drawers of your cabinet (apparently) but you can still take them out as a unit.

LOL

yep seen them, get the feeling it would end up being a bit like sticker collecting at school. you know when you had that empty slot in your sticker book and you just had to get the sticker to fill it?? i think i would be like that with tool trays...

My latest idea is to take the hinge pin out of the plastic halfords tool case. I can then have the two halves on two shelves (or one wide shelf).

ended up spending 50quid on one of these:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/silverandbelts/tool%20carts%20june%202013/IMG_3020_zpsb03713e3.jpg

Lets see if i can keep the tools on the trolley rather than the floor!

mine never leave the garage.........but I have a big garage :lol: :lol:

lockup.jpg

lockup2.jpg

one of the main problems I have though is that the floor is not smooth! otherwise I would just move my tools to where I'm working!

Can you not slap some of that super hard garage floor muck down?

Need some of that for mine... I was planning rubber floor tiles but I Dont think my base has a damp proof membrane so moisture seems to collect underneath anything I leave on the floor.