alternative to barrel crimp connectors?

XmisterIS

I have an intermittent horn problem (sometimes it works, sometimes not) and I'll bet it is a faulty connection somewhere in one of the crimp connectors that I used to build the relay circuit.

I hate barrel crimp connectors - especially the straight-through ones (that look like a tube) - sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you crimp the damn things, even with the correct crimp tool and the correct size of connector for the wire you're using, sometimes the wire just falls straight out.

What alternatives are there? Apart from (a) chock blocks - you can't always get chock blocks into small spaces and (b) soldering - soldering is a pain the arse!

these

http://www.narva.com.au/sitebuilder/products/medium/1061/non-insulated-blade.png

crimped with the right tool then a drop of solder on the terminal too finished off with some heat shrink :)

these

http://www.narva.com.au/sitebuilder/products/medium/1061/non-insulated-blade.png

crimped with the right tool then a drop of solder on the terminal too finished off with some heat shrink :)

Looks good, what are they called?

non insulated connectors

but you MUST get the proper crimp tool

the factory will use these on most connections on the loom too so any new ones can look stock ;-)

non insulated connectors

the factory will use these on most connections on the loom too so any new ones can look stock ;-)

I wish they sold these in halfords! All you can get in Halfords are absolute shite connectors.

non insulated connectors

I wish they sold these in halfords! All you can get in Halfords are absolute shite connectors.

They do Mate!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_255229